A new monitor (700-800 USD) needed for this gaming+rendering build.

Satish Suthar

So this Computer that I've got for myself, is a year and half old.

My sepcs are :-

CPU : Intel Core i7 4770k

Ram : 16 GB 1866MHz (Kingston HyperX)

Cabinet : Cooler Master 690 III

CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i GTX

Graphics Card : ASUS GTX 780 DC2OC 3GB

Monitor : Dell S2240L 21.5" IPS Display

Motherboard : Asus Z97-A

PSU : Corsair CX600

I'm going to upgrade my GPU after waiting for the new NVIDIA's Pascal series, and I'm also going to be upgrading my PSU with that, those are compulsory changes to me, even Rainbow Six Siege lags a to some level with this build now, when I go all ultra, also I'm doing the Animation/3D Modeling with it.

So please do suggest a good gaming monitor, most preferred NVIDIA G-Sync supported but a cheap one, not as expensive as Asus PG279Q but I guess PG278Q might work? that range is, I guess, okay for me.

But then again I dont know much about the models here, so you guys would have to help me with that, I was just looking at BenQ's XL2420G a while ago, looked pretty good to me. Also if you think I wouldn't be needing G-Sync and it isn't a necessary requirement then yeah, I can go for some other suggestions without G-Sync too.

Let me know of all the possible options, the budget for the monitor can be about 700-800 USD for me (to the max).

How does a monitor help rendering? Just get a cheap $200 one like me (mine's from ASUS) and haven't found a single problem. 

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

1 minute ago, LionWaffles said:

How does a monitor help rendering? Just get a cheap $200 one like me (mine's from ASUS) and haven't found a single problem. 

Color accuracy and the like.

i just bought an ASUS MX239H and it pretty good for the price. it has IPS so pretty good for color reproduction and its 1080p $189.99 at best buy 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

If you really need it the newest Asus ROG Swift monitor is in that price range but it sounds like you wound benefit from an ultrawide monitor like on of LG's really nice ones for only a 100 buck more.

8 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Color accuracy and the like.

Ah, but please get a legit version of Microsoft Win10 it's not that expensive considering your budget. Any ASUS monitor will work just fine, even the cheapest one available. (from posts above)

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

Oh no, the rig and other specs are for rendering and what not but I still game a lot, like I said I've been playing Rainbow Six Siege (Also would play The Division as I've pre ordered it and maybe another Battlefield coming out this year if that happens to be a good one this time, over all, I'm about gaming too, into latest interesting games) since its release date, and one thing I really find unsettling about my monitor is its reflective screen first of all, whenever I'm looking from outside the building, it's dark and shows my own face on top of that, now I'm just thinking if I do get a gaming monitor, I might spend some for G-Sync with it, whichever's cheap yet a good G-Sync monitor, you guys could suggest me something like that. As I said, I'm going for an NVIDIA Pascal GPU next after its release.

Edit : Would like to know if the choice to go with Acer XB270HU is good enough? this one is something I found it here on an online retail shop