i7 vs i5

So i am planning on building a new system around the $1000 mark maybe a bit more. I have priced out a few pc part picker list and just can not decide if i want to save some money and go with i5 or if it is worth spending the extra money. If i go the i7 route i am going to go with the i7 5820k mainly because it is cheaper than the 6700k right now. I plan on gaming of course and plan to start streaming. My question is will the i5 handle streaming and gaming good enough that i can go the i5 route or should i spend the extra bucks and get the i7. I will list the two parts list below. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

I7 5820k: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ps6PjX

i5 6600k: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kQf2Hx

Am I allowed to suggest the 4690k/4790k w/ Z97 motherboard? They're pretty cheap right now. 

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

I looked into that but for around the same price as a 4790k  i can get a 5920k. Also a good x99 board is only about $30 more than a z97 board.

As a general rule for a gaming pc, an I5 from the last couple of generations should handle games fine and not bottleneck your GPU.

You might see some benefits from an I7 if you are streaming however, how often do you intend to stream?

FX 8350 4.4ghz//R9 290//8gb Ram//120gb ssd//500gb hdd

Depends on how much streaming you are gonna do, the 5820k is definitely better for that.

But going with an i5 will free up money for a better gpu.

I suggest going for the xeon e3 1231 v3. Basically a locked i7. This will give you hyperthreading which will help a ton with streaming, and cost less than an i7, freeing up more of the budget for a better gpu

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB