Logitech G402 or Razer Deathadder 2013

meuuks

hi

i am getting a used DA 2013 for some five bucks cheaper than a new G402. Which one should i go for? I have never used a gaming mouse before and have a Steelseries Qck mousepad.

thanks for reading

Personally I would go for the g402 but they are both a pretty good imo 

Intel i7 4790k, Gigabyte GTX 980 G1, Kingston Hyper X fury 16GB, MSI Z97S SLI Krait, Cooler Master Hyper 212x, NZXT Noctis 450, Samsung 850 EVO 128GB + WD caviar blue 1TB, EVGA 750W G2. 

Both very good. Depends on the size of your hand. If you have a larger hand, then Deathadder, smaller than Logitech.

if they would be at the same price in store the deathadder. but since the deathadder is used,get the brand new logitech

This forums preference for gaming mouse is G502/g402.  

Magical Pineapples

The DA2013 has a better sensor, but Razer is known for their poor QC.

And since we are talking about a new G402 vs a used DA2013, definitely go for the G402. I'd suggest trying it before making a purchase, because the shape isn't suitable for everybody. The G402 is a large mouse, suitable for palm and claw grip. If you are looking for a smaller mouse at around the same price, check out the Logitech G303.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

1 minute ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

This forums preference for gaming mouse is G502/g402.  

i would never get them. g502 sensor is good but the design is for kids. GO FASTER!!! style . g402...ehh,logitech did cut a lot of corners to make it cheaper.i would take a rival over it

OP take a look at the mionix castor.great mouse but it cost more than the g402. but its worth it

I have used both of those for roughly about a year and currently using the G502. Both are pretty good in terms of performance and ease of use although mine had some problems with LMB, but Razer replaced it within 2 days. So, in terms of warranty and support, both Razer and Logitech are top-notch at least where I live. I would still go ahead with buying a new G402 than a used DA if I was in the same situation. But having said that, you may find it a bit weird getting adjusted to the 402 since not everyone might find it comfortable due to it's shape. I recommend you to try a 402 for sometime and then go ahead with the purchase. 

I would go for the G402. Razer is not known for their build quality. My friend's brother had a Deathadder that broke in about four months. He brought another Deathadder and it also broke in four months. I used to use a Deathadder. It works fine except that the rubber grips tore off due to the adhesive wearing out, which ruins the feel of the whole mouse.

Not to mention Razer's products are overpriced. For the same money, you could get a mouse that has more features. If you are able to spear some money, I highly recommed the G502, which is a step up the 402. I don't feel that its a wise purchase decision to spend all that money just for better ergonomics, but if you highly insist on ergonomics above all else, then the Deathadder is for you.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

1 hour ago, Pandalf said:

The DA2013 has a better sensor, but Razer is known for their poor QC.

And since we are talking about a new G402 vs a used DA2013, definitely go for the G402. I'd suggest trying it before making a purchase, because the shape isn't suitable for everybody. The G402 is a large mouse, suitable for palm and claw grip. If you are looking for a smaller mouse at around the same price, check out the Logitech G303.

As an owner of a G303, I agree with this.

There might be a "rattle" problem with the G303's sensor housing, but mine stopped being loose after gently pushing it into place with a q-tip.