How much should I sell my pc?

jpnmusic2
Go to solution Solved by givegomezthegun,

The problem is the mix of higher end components that people won't notice and lower end components that they will.  Somebody looking at a pentium system isn't looking to spend $700.. They're looking to get away with a couple hundred.  When I see "pentium 8gb ram 1tbhd no video card" I think ok.. $200 max for a used system. But there's $450 worth of case,psu,motherboard.

Your asking price is basically the full cost of the system minus windows.  Perhaps you could try to part it out, sell the pieces separately. 

Hey! First of all, if this isn't the right section, sorry and move me to right one. ^^

So, basically, I have this computer that I want to sell. Now, the thing is, I don't know how much I should sell it for. I've put it 700$ on Kijiji, but I'm not sure if it's a good price. Here's the build. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/DHvb3C

There's no graphics card (as it's in RMA and I want to keep it). Is 700$ too much? How much would be a good price considering that I don't want to sell it for dirt? Thanks! 

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)

You'd be better piecing it out part by part, but if you did sell the entire thing in one go, you'd be lucky to get $500, realistically.

The problem is the mix of higher end components that people won't notice and lower end components that they will.  Somebody looking at a pentium system isn't looking to spend $700.. They're looking to get away with a couple hundred.  When I see "pentium 8gb ram 1tbhd no video card" I think ok.. $200 max for a used system. But there's $450 worth of case,psu,motherboard.

Your asking price is basically the full cost of the system minus windows.  Perhaps you could try to part it out, sell the pieces separately. 

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

You would better selling the parts individually.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

I see. I guess I'll do that then. Check price new and used and price accordingly. 

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)