Advice needed for Monitor+GPU combo

Ernie7770

Hello, currently in the process of upgrading my rig. I got an asus 7170-ar motherboard with an intel i5-6600k. Some new ram , now im deciding on what gpu and monitor to buy. Its been awhile since I've gamed on my pc (some serious health issues, brain injury) and moving homes left me out of pcs and everything that goes along with them. I used to try to keep up to date knowledge wise or as well informed as I could be. Basically now im searching for a monitor and gpu. I'm grasping the amd freesync nvidia gsync how certain monitors work best or are built to work better with certain cards. I currently have an nvidia 660ti and Samsung 27" monitor that looks just awful im my opinion,. I had an auria high resolution display years back when they were quite the hype and were fairly cheap the first series before they had the matte screens, but I returned the monitor when I knew I wasnt going to be able to use my pc for sometime. I know this is a question that will get many different responses and I've tried searching for the answer but I have a very hard time comprehending and understanding certain things since my injury/health problems. I'm looking to get either a 25"-27" (I dont think I can afford bigger than that with the key features such as high resolution and high fps) and a new GPU that corresponds with the suggested monitor for anywhere between $600-$900. So , if it wouldn't be too much trouble, would anyone care to share what specific monitor and graphics card they would buy. I apologize beforehand for a question that normally can be researching quite easily but truth be told I'm having a hell of a time and get very frustrated trying to acclimate to my new current situation and could use any advice one may be willing to share. I suffer from severe short term memory loss so I will set reminders to check for responses but if anyone wouldn't mind emailing me their suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys for taking the time to read this. Sorry for the numbskull question I just figured this would be the best place to turn for some guidance. 

600$ to 900$ for both the GPU and monitor?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Keep in mind that AMD freesync monitor are significantly cheaper than Gsync ones. Maybe grab yourself and 390/x and a freesync monitor. Keep in mind though that premium monitors like that tend to not come in sizes larger than 24" for 1080p.

yes I would like to keep the price for monitor and gpu under $1000. I dont know if 2560 x (I forget reso) with 144 mhz and quick response time are possible or even exist.. I'm just basically looking for the best monitor and gpu I can get for anywhere from $600-$900. Like when you say "a freesync monitor" I get so confused If you could recommend what specific monitor I would greatly appreciate it. Same with graphics card. Rather its be certain brand or what. I've just been out of pc's for so long it all feels foreign to me now and I need help with what a good monitor and graphics card option would be for me at this point. I've spent hours browsing online , reading reviews but my level of comprehension is slowly coming back to me but isnt quite there yet and I dont want to make the mistake of buying crap or something that isn't a good option. I figured asking the community would be my best bet at this point. Sorry if my question seems redundant I just get overwhelmed and am trying to get back into pcs ever since my brain injury and become frustrated and confused and really dont know anyone else to ask for help. 

54 minutes ago, Ernie7770 said:
32 minutes ago, Ernie7770 said:

this would be quite good it,s 2560x1440 on 27'' with Freesync and AMD GPU to go along...this will get good framerates in games and will have adaptative sync technology and it fits your budget! :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card  ($373.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus MG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($417.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $791.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-31 21:43 EST-0500

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Off topic, sorry for your health dude...

Hope you get better soon.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

16 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Thank you!  Thanks for help this looks great.  Off topic- do any of you recommend a place to sell my old parts I'm replacing? My monitor I'm replacing ddr3 ram I had to upgrade to ddr4 ram with new motherboard.  Also a GPS Nvidia gigabyte 660ti? I know Craigslist is an option but it's sketchy having a stranger into my home and I made unable to drive (health issues) going into a strangers home doesn't feel comfortable to me either.  I've been looking to see if there is anywhere online I cake across eBay and amazon but the amazon is confusing.  Sorry for the off topic question just figured I would ask. Thanks again for the help this got and monitor look great! 

15 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Off topic, sorry for your health dude...

Hope you get better soon.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it I find this community to be so helpful and informative. 

Yeah, I am relatively new too.

Opinions here in the forum are quite objective,.

And you can learn a lot.,

Good Luck  !

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.