CPU Benchmarks

Go to solution Solved by Philcat101,
22 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

cpuuserbenchmark 

Thanks! This is a great website!

Hey guys! I have been wanting to compare a lot of CPU's lately but I haven't been able to find a good place to find benchmarks for all of them.

Is there a website out there that has lots of CPU benchmarks, and are all the same? (Like it is the same benchmark, so every score can be compared relevantly.)

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

cpumonkey cpuuserbenchmark 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just now, Philcat101 said:

Hey guys! I have been wanting to compare a lot of CPU's lately but I haven't been able to find a good place to find benchmarks for all of them.

Is there a website out there that has lots of CPU benchmarks, and are all the same? (Like it is the same benchmark, so every score can be compared relevantly.)

Well a good on here on the forum is the Cinebench thread and the one I always use is Passmark https://www.cpubenchmark.net/

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

3 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

Well a good on here on the forum is the Cinebench thread and the one I always use is Passmark https://www.cpubenchmark.net/

passmark is the worst

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Theres a cinebench thread run on the forums, you can visit it here: 

or if there is some CPU's your looking for you could try looking here

http://cbscores.com/

5 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

passmark is the worst

Well I've had decent luck with them :)

3 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

Well I've had decent luck with them :)

Well, I am going to be that guy.  

You ended up with fx6300 and a 390 bro :D

where are all the smiley faces?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

snip

Is there any reason that Passmark is bad? Or is it just shooting down people who suggested it because they have worse hardware decisions? 

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Just now, ZetZet said:

-snip-

I got the 6300 from a friend to swap it out for the i3 2100 I had... passmark played no role in that. I work with virtual machines and needed the more cores/threads over single thread performance and still do. I have the $ to go full out on an x99 build but seeing I don't use my computer to game as much as productivity and even folding I see no need to upgrade any time soon. Plus this CPU has aged quite well in the 3 years that I have had it.

2 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

I got the 6300 from a friend to swap it out for the i3 2100 I had... passmark played no role in that. I work with virtual machines and needed the more cores/threads over single thread performance and still do. I have the $ to go full out on an x99 build but seeing I don't use my computer to game as much as productivity and even folding I see no need to upgrade any time soon. Plus this CPU has aged quite well in the 3 years that I have had it.

@ZetZet You messed up. Is Passmark good or not?

3 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

Is there any reason that Passmark is bad? Or is it just shooting down people who suggested it because they have worse hardware decisions? 

Apparently it is bad according to some people but seeing I ran it on about 10+ systems the scores seem to be more than accurate.

Also not to sound mean but it was not a bad hardware decision, just a personal choice of mine not needing to move to a newer platform :)

22 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

cpuuserbenchmark 

Thanks! This is a great website!

5 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

@ZetZet You messed up. Is Passmark good or not?

I like it and have used it as a benchmark on systems at work for the past year and many systems I have at home, there are some parts of it I do not like but personally I think it is more accurate than it needs to be and can give you a good idea on what to expect from the CPU in certain use cases. By not liking it I mean that it can be 5-10 points off sometimes and even then I think that was fixed in the newer version of the benchmark.

Passmark is great for CPU relativity, haven't had inaccuracies with it in that department to judge where a CPU lies in performance both in single and multi-thread workloads. Where Passmark sucks is the GPU. It would say the 960 is stronger than the 380X and the 380X is nowhere near the 780.....all of that is bullshit

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

42 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

passmark uses their own inhouse benchmark and no one knows what's happening there. Their gpu benchmarks are disgustingly bad, so I advise people not to use them at all, there are better services. 

Spoiler