(Calm) Case Rant

Philcat101

I have had this HP desktop computer for a while and has served me well. I have been trying to put together a build to replace it, but I have been caught up on the cases.

I have now realized that case manufacturers haven't implemented the features on their cases that I take for granted in my HP computer case.

Let me name some of the things that I like about HP's style of cases:

Front has stylish grill (Hides distracting mesh filters, and allows great airflow)

The IO is on the bottom half, meaning that you don't have to dangle any headphone cables high and you have less of a chance of knocking out a flash drive or something, but this only applies to a PC on the top of your desk.

No side or top air vents, because you don't have to pay to put in vents, and looks cleaner. That doesn't mean you have to have sound dampening material though.

Even though it is a budget case, it looks rather nice. Also doesn't have any distracting frills.

Why does no one else do these?

All of these advantages essentially boils down to a clean looking budget case that I would enjoy to have.

Is there a case like this for under $80 that has all of these features? I don't think so, and I WISH that case manufacturers did these for lower end cases.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I have had this HP desktop computer for a while and has served me well. I have been trying to put together a build to replace it, but I have been caught up on the cases.

I have now realized that case manufacturers haven't implemented the features on their cases that I take for granted in my HP computer case.

Let me name some of the things that I like about HP's style of cases:

Front has stylish grill (Hides distracting mesh filters, and allows great airflow)

The IO is on the bottom half, meaning that you don't have to dangle any headphone cables high and you have less of a chance of knocking out a flash drive or something, but this only applies to a PC on the top of your desk.

No side or top air vents, because you don't have to pay to put in vents, and looks cleaner. That doesn't mean you have to have sound dampening material though.

Even though it is a budget case, it looks rather nice. Also doesn't have any distracting frills.

Why does no one else do these?

All of these advantages essentially boils down to a clean looking budget case that I would enjoy to have.

Is there a case like this for under $80 that has all of these features? I don't think so, and I WISH that case manufacturers did these for lower end cases.

Could we see a picture?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Could we see a picture?

my first question 

Could we see a picture?

my first question 

They pretty much look the same: https://www.google.com/search?q=hp+workstation&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXmsrwzc3KAhWlmIMKHdqfAi4Q_AUICSgD&biw=1920&bih=955

I have a Half Wide one with silver trimming on it. Looks really handsome

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

That is the one :)

BJWh1je.jpg

BTW that is not Ethernet, I have to use WiFi

i cri ;-;

And that is not my PC, just same case

Most cases I see on the market are absolute **************** which is why I go with CaseLabs. Their frame structure is worth every penny. The case I have is not everything I could want but it's a good start. If nothing else works, I'd go to CaseLabs. That's what I did. 

That is the one :)

BTW that is not Ethernet, I have to use WiFi

i cri ;-;

And that is not my PC, just same case

Yeah. It's a RJ11 by the looks if it. You can plug a modem to it to get ethernet that way. But in any case, you should look into Chieftec cases. They have blander looks than most mainstream computer cases but quite high build quality. Or maybe HEC. Not so high quality but definitely cheaper. But I gotta admit, there really are not that many aftermarket cases without vents on the sides. They can really make or break the cooling for the GPU. Obviously not a issue for HP. No hot GPU -> No need to cool one down. :)