Razer Deathadder Chroma vs. Logitech g502 Proteus Core

Background: My hands are long and skinny and I have been using a Razer Orochi for a couple of years and it just died on me, the mouse was way to small but I liked where the buttons were on it. I have been looking into the Deathadder and G502 proteus core, but I welcome any suggestions.

Requirements:

Large

Macros

Wired

Decent/Good Sensor

Thanks  :)

Background: My hands are long and skinny and I have been using a Razer Orochi for a couple of years and it just died on me, the mouse was way to small but I liked where the buttons were on it. I have been looking into the Deathadder and G502 proteus core, but I welcome any suggestions.

Requirements:

Large

Macros

Wired

Decent/Good Sensor

The G502 is smaller than the razer but I really like the placement of the buttons as well as the scroll wheel.  If you choose the G502, wait for the Proteus Spectrum to come out.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

The G502 is smaller than the razer but I really like the placement of the buttons as well as the scroll wheel.  If you choose the G502, wait for the Proteus Spectrum to come out.  

Whats the protues spectrum do, is it just rgb?

Whats the protues spectrum do, is it just rgb?

Yep.  It's the same price as the Proteus core so there's no point in buying a core right now.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Yeah the spectrum is RGB.

I recommend G502.

Don't really know what to put here.

Yep.  It's the same price as the Proteus core so there's no point in buying a core right now.

Thans man

Thans man

No problem!

I have just got the 205 and love it

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Requirements:

Large

Macros

Wired

Decent/Good Sensor

Depends how you hold your mouse. I would recommend the G502

Really? At Best Buy the Proteus is $50 and the Spectrum is $79

Really? At Best Buy the Proteus is $50 and the Spectrum is $79

They dropped the price of the core and added the spectrum at the same price as the previous core.

They dropped the price of the core and added the spectrum at the same price as the previous core.

"It's the same price as the Proteus core so there's no point in buying a core right now." So there is a point to buy the Proteus Core

Had it been a Razer adding RGB and nothing else to one of their existing non-RGB products, the price would have gone up.

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

The Logitech one is more refined than the Razer one.  I rock a Deathadder myself and don't have any issues with it.  Razer just gets stereotyped a lot, I am not exactly a fanboy of them... well... may be just a little bit somehow.  Generally, I see them functionally the same mouse.  Trying them myself, I don't see a difference but I am no eSports pro.  So it is pretty much down to aesthetics.