Best free VPN?

Aereldor

Greetings.

I'm currently looking for a free unlimited VPN that's relatively easy to set up and use, and is comparatively fast. This is a temporary solution until I can get something like Tunnelbear.

I'm grateful for any recommendations.

Regards,
Aereldor.

Free VPN's ewww...

If you must try CyberGhost (best free solution)...

When you get enough money I'd suggest looking into ExpressVPN or TunnelBear.

Might add this later...

Tunnel bear sponsors Linus. 

Not free, unless your happy with 1GB a month...

Might add this later...

Not free, unless your happy with 1GB a month...

That is 1GB free. If I used a VPN, I think that would be enough.

That is 1GB free. If I used a VPN, I think that would be enough.

1GB is hardly enough, unless your just browsing sites like this and google ...

Might add this later...

>VPN

>Good

>Free

Pick 2 and only 2.

All the free ones are pretty bad. If you want a good one you will have to pay for it.

When you have the money Private Internet Access is fantastic. I know quite a few people including myself who use it.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I'm probably going to get Tunnelbear once I can afford it, but for now, I just need something that has a significant data cap and holds up to 8MBPS- that's the most my connection reaches anyway.

I'll look into Cyberghost for now.

Free VPN's ewww...

If you must try CyberGhost (best free solution)...

When you get enough money I'd suggest looking into ExpressVPN or TunnelBear.

What are the downsides of Cyberghost? Is there a data limit, a disconnection after a certain amount of time, or low speeds?

>VPN

>Good

>Free

Pick 2 and only 2.

All the free ones are pretty bad. If you want a good one you will have to pay for it.

When you have the money Private Internet Access is fantastic. I know quite a few people including myself who use it.

He said it was temporary...

Free VPN's aren't great, but for temporary jobs they can suffice for a month or so. 

Might add this later...

What are the downsides of Cyberghost? Is there a data limit, a disconnection after a certain amount of time, or low speeds?

Draw backs are less country's/servers to join (so slower then premium servers) & You are only aloud to use it for 3 hour's a day.

But compared to the other's it's your best bet for speed/security.

Might add this later...

Greetings.

I'm currently looking for a free unlimited VPN that's relatively easy to set up and use, and is comparatively fast. This is a temporary solution until I can get something like Tunnelbear.

I'm grateful for any recommendations.

Regards,

Aereldor.

cheap and best solution would be to get VPS from here http://www.lowendspirit.com and support will be from here http://forum.lowendspirit.com

you will get a email after you paid the invoice there will details like external IP,Assigned ports, control panel URL

Example IP's for the simplicity sake your external IP 4.4.4.4 Ports from 4000-4020

Then install Debian or Ubuntu server minimal from VPS control panel (url will be in the welcome email)

use putty to login get putty from here http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe

LPRkZG9.png

then run these commands

apt-get update -y && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get install nano ufw fail2ban wget && ufw allow ssh && ufw enable

Use this script from github https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install to install Openvpn

then run these commands

wget git.io/vpn --no-check-certificate -O openvpn-install.sh && bash openvpn-install.sh

just press enter for everything other than the port (you will find the port in the welcome email) use that (we will use the example port) 4020

add this command to open the firewall

ufw allow 4020/udp

then click enter and type a name for config file (i will name it as LA)

now type this in your ssh terminal

cat LA.ovpn

then copy the contents by selecting and pressing right click then select copy

Now open Notepad in your computer and paste the client config

and save it like this

VSZBpEn.png

Note:watch the Save as type in above step and save them in desktop we will need it later

now get & install them on your computer (select according to your operating system if the os is leagcy one then i suggest visiting this site)

Windows OS is 32 bit then this file openvpn-install-2.3.10-I601-i686.exe

Windows OS is 64 bit then this file openvpn-install-2.3.10-I601-x86_64.exe

then transfer the client config file (in my case LA.ovpn) to

C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config

Then double click OpenVPN icon in the desktop after right click this icon ▼click connect

BIVaoBx.png

Have a great day