Weird mark on ASUS touchscreen

MrPibbles

Hey guys, I have an S400C and i used my laptop, placed it in my bag came home and not even 40 minutes later i opened it up and there was some weird mark on it. I didn't hit my bad at all and the screen still works, there is just an ugly mark on it. What is it and how can i fix it?

post-4414-0-22125900-1378410780_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue. Has the mark disappeared now? What did you do about it?

I fixed it.

The mark was due to two layers of the screen that shouldn't be touching getting stuck together somehow. As with the original poster mine happened when it emerged from my bag one day, despite its' protective pouch.

You simply need a small sucker such as this: http://www.4er.com/aski_v12.jpg

Attach to the screen over the 'mark' and pull until you hear a 'pop'. That will indicate the two screens have separated and returned to normal.

Hope this helps someone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there could i get this one? the spot sucks bcause its in the middle;/ i had this problem during my trip.. but fortunately it fixed by itself.. maybe i could wait and it will fix by itself again;/

I fixed it.

The mark was due to two layers of the screen that shouldn't be touching getting stuck together somehow. As with the original poster mine happened when it emerged from my bag one day, despite its' protective pouch.

Attach to the screen over the 'mark' and pull until you hear a 'pop'. That will indicate the two screens have separated and returned to normal.

Hope this helps someone!

• 4 months later...

Thanks JazzyJ87! I had the same problem and it worked perfectly!

* SOLVED *
For those having the same problem (like me),
This solution by JazzyJ87 actually works:

I fixed it.

Hope this helps someone!

Thank you Jazzy. You will be remembered. happy.png

• 3 months later...

I fixed it.

Hope this helps someone!

This worked for me!

• 4 weeks later...

IT WORKED, THANK YOU!!

Thanks so much o whoever who posted this 

and also whoever that gave a solution to this, thanks a lot :)

• 2 years later...

Thanks JazzyJ87! I have the same problem and I fixed it using the solution you shared. 

Really thankful!!! 

• 5 years later...
On 10/4/2013 at 10:39 PM, JazzyJ87 said:

I fixed it.

Hope this helps someone!

Hi, Jazzy.. I know this post was long time ago 2013. I need your help in 2022. The image for the small sucker you shared is not available any more. Please give me directions on how to get the small sucker.  

11 minutes ago, Jemima Kabiru said:

Hi, Jazzy.. I know this post was long time ago 2013. I need your help in 2022. The image for the small sucker you shared is not available any more. Please give me directions on how to get the small sucker.  

You are lucky i have the original image...

Here you go:

image.jpeg.6c3c62fe34fa6e62e26a015d326dfdb8.jpeg

Also i doubt that @JazzyJ87 will reply to you,

That person's last login was 8 years ago.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566