Hello I'm looking for a small server for me.

Hello today I'm decided to look for a small server for me. The reason is because I run some servers on my main computer I would like to make 24 hours. I'm looking at this to start off http://arrowdirect.com/hp-compaq-elite-8200-3-10ghz-intel-core-i5-gen2-small-form-factor-250gb-4096mb-46.html I don't need any fancy maybe in the long run.  but to start off? would that be a good start.  

Yeah it's a great start. It should be able to run whatever you need. A memory upgrade might be in order down the line depending on what you intend to run, though.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Yeah it's a great start. It should be able to run whatever you need. A memory upgrade might be in order down the line depending on what you intend to run, though.

A local web server and some game servers. Do you think it would be easy* take the hardware out of the case and put it in to a rack case? 

A local web server and some game servers. Do you think it would be to take the hardware out of the case and put it in to a rack case?

Yeah a memory upgrade would be beneficial as the game servers are probably going to be memory hogs. Especially if one of those game servers will be a Minecraft server.

On the rack, I'd say to do it only if you have a rack you intend to build out. I'm not against the idea -- I have a rack of my own -- but I wouldn't consider it something to just do unless you have a need for it.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Yeah a memory upgrade would be beneficial as the game servers are probably going to be memory hogs. Especially if one of those game servers will be a Minecraft server.

On the rack, I'd say to do it only if you have a rack you intend to build out. I'm not against the idea -- I have a rack of my own -- but I wouldn't consider it something to just do unless you have a need for it.

Oh ok. so should I upgrade to 16 ram?

Oh ok. so should I upgrade to 16 ram?

Eventually. You probably don't need to right out of the gate unless you throw everything on it at once, but it'll be very much recommended. Changing out the HDD for an inexpensive SSD would do well, too, especially if you decide to pull the system into a rack chassis.

Eventually. You probably don't need to right out of the gate unless you throw everything on it at once, but it'll be very much recommended. Changing out the HDD for an inexpensive SSD would do well, too, especially if you decide to pull the system into a rack chassis.

Oh ok. Thank you for your help. 

Oh ok. Thank you for your help. 

In looking into the system, since I was considering buying one myself, it appears the small form factor Compaq 8200 Elite (the system you linked) can't be moved into a rack chassis. A lot about the system is non-standard. It uses a non-standard mainboard layout (looks almost like a reverse baby-AT looking at it), and likely a non-standard power supply that can't be replaced with a standard ATX power supply. That's common with name-brand small form factor systems like this. So if you want to put it on a 19" rack, you'll need to buy a rack shelf and just put it on the shelf.