Windows tried to update while I was away; killed itself. Need help

I'll try to keep this simple without much story. I turned my computer off yesterday and walked away, only to come back later to find that windows tried to update and failed. It now needs a system recovery. I get out a flash drive and make a recovery disk, plug it in and go to winre. Reseting windows doesn't work, it either comes up with saying that the drive where windows is installed is locked or that a required drive partition is missing. I tried using startup repair and also attempted to go back to a previous build, but neither of those worked either. Now i'm stuck here unable to recover windows at all. Could really use some help right now, as I can't afford to buy a new hard drive/ssd and windows.

Attached pic with error screen - post-189273-0-73016800-1453843655_thumb.

Can you just reinstall the OS? It should remember your hardware, so you shouldn't need a key.

Just get a flash drive, download Windows 10 onto it, and go through the installation, and when it asks for a key, click "I don't have one" or whatever.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I would try a fresh install, (last resort)

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

#RIPTopGear :(

you dont have to buy anything.

worst case scenario would be a clean install and you losing your data depending on what drive youve had it before. what exactly does not work with recovery using a pen drive?

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

I had the similar winload.efi error after installing a (supposedly) benign driver. Windows' built-in recovery tools didn't work, so I ended up using HP's built in reinstall feature. 

If you google rebuild BCD or similar you will get some guides that may fix your problem (they can't make it worse ;))

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

snip

This is why I don’t have windows any more...

Any ways! lets help you out

have you got another pc? if so put that hdd into it and see if the hdd is actually locked

if it IS then rip

if it isn’t get this onto a usb flash drive https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO and I don’t think you need  a new key since its bound to your mobo (i think!) tell em what happens after that :D

I'll try using another usb with a fresh windows 10 installed on it and get back to you guys tomorrow at the latest and let you know if it works  ;)