Will the CM Hyper 212 EVO fit on my motherboard?

Trail Mixorz

I want to get this cpu cooler because it has many good reviews and my friend has it and it works great. But I have an ASUS m4a88t-v evo motherboard with corsair dominator gt ram. There is a heat spreader on my mobo right under the cpu socket, so will this fit?

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

I want to get this cpu cooler because it has many good reviews and my friend has it and it works great. But I have an ASUS m4a88t-v evo motherboard with corsair dominator gt ram. There is a heat spreader on my mobo right under the cpu socket, so will this fit?

I use a 212 Evo and I have to use corsair low profile RAM because there is not much space.

The clearance for ram with the Evo is 37mm. 

Dominator GT's are just over 40mm

So no--get some low profile ram.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it probably wont fit for your ram. If you can handle the higher price and the colour, then most noctua heatsinks should fit, and they should be more quiet then a hyper 212 evo.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

I use a 212 Evo and I have to use corsair low profile RAM because there is not much space.

The clearance for ram with the Evo is 37mm. 

Dominator GT's are just over 40mm

So no--get some low profile ram.

it probably wont fit for your ram. If you can handle the higher price and the colour, then most noctua heatsinks should fit, and they should be more quiet then a hyper 212 evo.

Cant I run the cooler vertically with the fan facing my ram? Or will that still not leave enough space?

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Cant I run the cooler vertically with the fan facing my ram? Or will that still not leave enough space?

Probably but I'm not sure.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.