What motherboards can Overclock non-k Intel cpus?

Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,

Any z170 board

i think it's more specific to Asrock, Msi, biostar and a few other boards isn't it?

i don't think gigabyte and Asus has rolled the bios update for it (might be wrong)

anyone. its not the motherboard, its the cpu itself. you can only overclock the bclk

For SKylake it's the motherboard since only the memory speed is tied to the base clock you can go quite crazy and get a serious overclock out of the locked CPU, you just have to select the right memory speed to match and you're good to go...there are a few drawbakcs though noteably no more power saving features active (cpu run full bore all the time) here listen to this video :

What motherboards can Overclock non-k Intel cpus??

There must be a list for this, This is a easy answer probably. 

anyone. its not the motherboard, its the cpu itself. you can only overclock the bclk

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

It needs to be a z170 board

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Any z170 board

i think it's more specific to Asrock, Msi, biostar and a few other boards isn't it?

i don't think gigabyte and Asus has rolled the bios update for it (might be wrong)

For SKylake it's the motherboard since only the memory speed is tied to the base clock you can go quite crazy and get a serious overclock out of the locked CPU, you just have to select the right memory speed to match and you're good to go...there are a few drawbakcs though noteably no more power saving features active (cpu run full bore all the time) here listen to this video :

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR