Case Leds

pop7585

I am getting some case LEDs soon, and i am looking for some advice from someone who has done it before on pro strats to make it look good.  I got 16.4 meters so i am kinda lost on how i will use all of them so any advice is welcome...

CPU | I7-4790K | MOBO | Asrock H81M-DGS R2.0 | RAM | Crucial 16 GB ( 2 x 8GB ) | PSU | EVGA 500W ATX Non-Modular | CASE | NZXT Phantom | STORAGE | 120GB Samsung 850 Evo + 1TB Western Digital Black | GPU | Gigabyte GTX960 windforce (2GB) | KEYBOARD | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | MOUSE | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Sound | Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma | 

What case do you have?

What colour of LEDs?

How are the LEDs powered?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

i have a nzxt phantom 240, i got http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015SUWHZC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 these leds, and they are powered through ac but there are 2 holes in the back to run cables through.

CPU | I7-4790K | MOBO | Asrock H81M-DGS R2.0 | RAM | Crucial 16 GB ( 2 x 8GB ) | PSU | EVGA 500W ATX Non-Modular | CASE | NZXT Phantom | STORAGE | 120GB Samsung 850 Evo + 1TB Western Digital Black | GPU | Gigabyte GTX960 windforce (2GB) | KEYBOARD | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | MOUSE | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Sound | Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma | 

I am getting some case LEDs soon, and i am looking for some advice from someone who has done it before on pro strats to make it look good.  I got 16.4 meters so i am kinda lost on how i will use all of them so any advice is welcome...

Have you bought LEDs off eBay or something?

If you have you should have bought actual PC LEDs, as most from Ebay require a transformer to power them. You will then have to push them watercooling grommets in your case, if you have them.

If they're actual computer LEDs, you will just have to plug a molex into them to power them.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Have you bought LEDs off eBay or something?

If you have you should have bought actual PC LEDs, as most from Ebay require a transformer to power them. You will then have to push them watercooling grommets in your case, if you have them.

If they're actual computer LEDs, you will just have to plug a molex into them to power them.

i got some leds off of amazon and they are powered through ac but there are 2 holes in the back of the case to run them through, if worse comes to worse i have 7 open pci-e slots since i only have 1 gtx 960 soooo no worries on power

I got the same LED kit, i just rewired a molex adapter on it and now it plugs into my pc, been like that a little over a month and no problems.  Im only using about 3 feet of the LEDs though, still plenty of light inside the case imo.

i got some leds off of amazon and they are powered through ac but there are 2 holes in the back of the case to run them through, if worse comes to worse i have 7 open pci-e slots since i only have 1 gtx 960 soooo no worries on power

If you want to hook them up without external power directly from the PSU inside the case you can make a molex to DC barrel adapter cable or purchase one:

https://modguru.net/product/12dc-to-molex/

I have a guide here on it for under DC Barrel Adapter for RGB LED's if you want to make one:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods/

If you want to hook them up without external power directly from the PSU inside the case you can make a molex to DC barrel adapter cable or purchase one:

https://modguru.net/product/12dc-to-molex/

I have a guide here on it for under DC Barrel Adapter for RGB LED's if you want to make one:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods/

i'm not really sure i need to make any adapters because the back of my case is hidden by my monitor, i was kinda looking for advice on placement of leds or any tricks to achieve cool lighting affects.

i'm not really sure i need to make any adapters because the back of my case is hidden by my monitor, i was kinda looking for advice on placement of leds or any tricks to achieve cool lighting affects.

Well as for placement of LED's in the case you mainly want to keep the LED's from being seen or have a direct line of sight to them since they are very bright, you want to cast the light out towards the components and things your lighting. Keeping them away from surfaces close by, that tends to prevent that spot lighting or bright spots from occurring. As for some cool effects, you could do a desk or monitor backlight with the rest of the roll of LED's on the same controller so everything stays in sync.