Trying to connect to a school fileserver

Maximoose

So I am trying to print to a printer and connect to a server at school, however I can't with my pc and everyone with a mac/iDevice can just fine. i think the problem is that our IT is extremely apple biased and isn't necessarily blocking out windows pcs but not taking the steps to make pcs work with the system.

Is there a way to work around this on my pc (other than installing OSX) the server address is in an \\*******.************.net\ format.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

It is possible that your school file server is running on a protocol that windows does not support. Most likely the server is using "afp" or apple filing protocol which windows does not support and why most users using apple devices seem to work fine.

\\*******.************.net\ format.

The quote above looks like you are attempting to connect to the server via smb (samba).

Have you talked to your school IT about this issue?

About the printer problem, make sure you have the correct drivers installed.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4 ghz (Turbo 3.9ghz) RAM: Trancsend 2x 8gb 1600mhz DDR3 (16GB) GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Case: Cooler Master HAF922 Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 120GB Solid State Drive, Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive PSU: Cooler Master CX750 750w Power Supply.

Keyboard: Logitech G310 Mechanical Compact Keyboard Mouse: Logitech G302 Gaming Mouse Displays: 3 Monitors Operating System: Windows 10 Home