Careers with Technology?

XDMAINO488XD

So hi guys im a 16 year old in high school in my junior year i love working with technology fixing and breaking things and im also planning at attending college but i do not know what to study in i know i want to study something with computers but i dont know what. i also finish building my first pc late last year and i really enjoyed it im planning on building another one right now. i was also planning on doing welding as my major and just going to lone star for my permit but i really what to do something more and im planing on saving that as my plan B so to sum it all up im just looking for careers that deal with computers. 

Computer engineering? It's not entirely computers, it's more about the circuits and PCB's. My school offers that and we work with capacitors, computers, and soldering circuits to get sound, led's to flash etc.

Fix the font color of your post, it's hard to read and you shouldn't expect people to jump through hoops to help you.

My advice is go to the college you are interested in and seeing what programs they have, do some research about the jobs that utilize that training, and then decide what you want to do. If you rely on somebody else to pick your major and your career then be prepared for a horrible life because not having control over the most important aspects of your life will suck royally.

-KuJoe

So hi guys im a 16 year old in high school in my junior year i love working with technology fixing and breaking things and im also planning at attending college but i do not know what to study in i know i want to study something with computers but i dont know what. i also finish building my first pc late last year and i really enjoyed it im planning on building another one right now. i was also planning on doing welding as my major and just going to lone star for my permit but i really what to do something more and im planing on saving that as my plan B so to sum it all up im just looking for careers that deal with computers. 

It seems to me that jobs related to computer hardware are few and also don't pay very well - unless you are also into electronics it might be a good idea to avoid this as a career path (i.e. computer repair shop guy),

The best thing would probably be to research each course available to you, see what topics you cover in them and what kind of job you could get from them.

Almost as cool as my temps  

I'm in your exact same situation and I'm planning to pursue I.T as a career. Makes a lot more money and theres a high demand for it

I'm currently pursuing a career in IT and I'm mainly on the network and system administration side of things, as for what I'm doing the jobs are plenty... I mean there are tons of jobs when it comes to IT and every business that's using computers needs a system administrator to take care of the technical side. Some things you can expect when doing this job is implementing new hardware such as servers and network infrastructures aswell as dealing with a fuck load of issues on a daily basis, which is great if you love problem solving. The pay is also great if you're good at your job and you become valued... good luck man.

thanks to all the replys ill make more researcher i still got some time

Location also plays a big part of what kind of career you should go into. In the area I live (St. Petersburg, FL) there aren't many decent IT jobs around here (unless making $30-50k a year is OK with you, which if I was single would be enough for me) so it's better to have your field picked out before going to school.

In Colorado the IT field is booming and the pay reflects it, I took a sizable pay cut to come back to FL doing the exact same job with the exact same schedule. I was also getting job offers at least once a month for better paying jobs for doing the same exact work I'm doing now (server admin/tech).

Find the big IT employers in your area, find what positions are always open (i.e. hard to fill) and work on meeting those job requirements.

-KuJoe

If you really like math pursue a computer science degree.

But you better REALLY like math.

If anyone asks you never saw me.