Cooler Master PSU

Mukessh

Hey guys, is the cooler master GX ii 750W a good psu compared to the Rosewill HIVE 750?

Yes, it is. I have a Cooler Master PSU, which is almost 4 years old  and I'm very happy with it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

As long as you stay away from the GX series and the worst of all gx lite then you should be fine(notice how im using a gx series(ITS BADD))

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I would go with the Rosewill Hive since I heard that these psus are not bad. But the Coolermaster one has a 5 year warranty compared to 3 years on the Rosewill.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I used a Rosewill Hive 600w, and my only real gripes about it is that the fan is loud, and the cables are SHORT. Like really short. The PCIe cables couldn't reach behind the motherboard tray to the GPUs, and the 8-pin just barely made it. This was in a CM HAF 922, not the smallest case in the world, but certainly not large.

I'm not sure what all changes to the 750w, but that's just my input on the Hive lineup.

My Rig: MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming, Intel Core i5-3570k, Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7870x2, Asus Xonar DX, OCZ Fatal1ty 1000w, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Boot drive, 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD in Raid 1 w/ OCZ Vertex 3 60GB Cache

Hey guys, is the cooler master GX ii 750W a good psu compared to the Rosewill HIVE 750?

no.

The GX2 is new PSU line from Cooler Master. So whether it is good or bad, I'm not sure and there aren't any reviews regarding it. I believe this line is made with the new PSU team that CM has (I could be mistaken), so it may not necessary be a bad PSU. I mean they did just recently release the excellent V series.

Regarding the ATNG build GX Lite being the worse iteration of the GX series, there isn't any reviews on it either; however, it is speculated to be better than the Seventeam and Enhanced versions.

Nonetheless, until there's a proper review on it (or I do more research on what platform that it may be build off of), I would go with the HIVE 750w.