Help?

Jenkinsrino

I'm going to ask you to do something risky. Try running a session of AIDA64 or Prime95 on the laptop and see where the temperatures go. Be ready to close the tests if it starts to overheat.

Like i mean my desk could catch fire.....

Like i mean my desk could catch fire.....

Not likely, but if MC is crashing the entire computer, the temperatures are getting too high.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Not likely, but if MC is crashing the entire computer, the temperatures are getting too high.

Its like only in full screen when i try to alt tab and i get a black borderwith a blue square and some white writing saying the issue etc

im really thinking that i should buy a ssd + cooling pad clean the computer replace thermal paste then try this test? will a cooling pad do much to my temps? cause on the left side its fucking hot some times it hurts

Its like only in full screen when i try to alt tab and i get a black borderwith a blue square and some white writing saying the issue etc

Please check to make sure it's not full of dust and that the thermal paste isn't dried up as I'm pretty sure the cause of your crashing is the high temperature. Even if you were running out of RAM(I doubt it), it should go to the page file if it's enabled.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Please check to make sure it's not full of dust and that the thermal paste isn't dried up as I'm pretty sure the cause of your crashing is the high temperature. Even if you were running out of RAM(I doubt it), it should go to the page file if it's enabled. 

Will do, its my first time looking in the laptop but i will attempt to clean it and buy  some thermal paste as after the water log im pretty sure it fucked it up, on a side note do you think the fans dont work due to the water logging?

Will do, its my first time looking in the laptop but i will attempt to clean it and buy  some thermal paste as after the water log im pretty sure it fucked it up, on a side note do you think the fans dont work due to the water logging?

Check to see if you can hear whirring where the fan(s) are. It's certainly possible that the fan(s) are dead.

on the side where i sent the picture left side where i feel the heat on the keys, i can hear a very fain whirring like air bein pushed out? but it seems like the heat is really fucking hot for what it is..... will a cooling pad do much for constant cooling? i think ill check the laptop in an hour, any tips? just turn all power off and open the back and clean out dust and check thermal paste right? 

on the side where i sent the picture left side where i feel the heat on the keys, i can hear a very fain whirring like air bein pushed out? but it seems like the heat is really fucking hot for what it is..... will a cooling pad do much for constant cooling? i think ill check the laptop in an hour, any tips? just turn all power off and open the back and clean out dust and check thermal paste right? 

I would much rather go to the laptop first to make sure it's cleaned out and the thermal paste is properly applied. Cooling pads do certainly help, particularly if they're active.

And yes. Pretty much just do that. Just be careful if it's running that hot.

I would much rather go to the laptop first to make sure it's cleaned out and the thermal paste is properly applied. Cooling pads do certainly help, particularly if they're active.

And yes. Pretty much just do that. Just be careful if it's running that hot.

So i shouldnt die to electricity as long as i turn it off and wait like 30min for it to cool down cause i can feel the heat in the keys and it isnt nice trust me. 

So i shouldnt die to electricity as long as i turn it off and wait like 30min for it to cool down cause i can feel the heat in the keys and it isnt nice trust me. 

If you want, you can take out the battery and hold down the power button for a few seconds. That'll cause the laptop to discharge completely so you don't get electrocuted. And yes, if you want to avoid getting burned from the temperatures, I would suggest waiting before touching the guts.

If you want, you can take out the battery and hold down the power button for a few seconds. That'll cause the laptop to discharge completely so you don't get electrocuted. And yes, if you want to avoid getting burned from the temperatures, I would suggest waiting before touching the guts.

ok ill try soon and keep you updated, thanks

what do you think?

Where's the cou and or undo fan it doesn't seem dusty other than the fan

post-301294-0-26795100-1453695995_thumb.

post-301294-0-88367600-1453696014_thumb.

what do you think?

Where's the cou and or undo fan it doesn't seem dusty other than the fan

I think where the heatpipe is, that's where the CPU sits.

I think where the heatpipe is, that's where the CPU sits.

would you suggest undoing the heat pipe and replacing paste.... From what you can see I know the images are bad but it looks ok right?

would you suggest undoing the heat pipe and replacing paste.... From what you can see I know the images are bad but it looks ok right?

I would still clean the fan out. Yes, undo the heatpipe and see what the paste is like. So far it looks fine.

I would still clean the fan out. Yes, undo the heatpipe and see what the paste is like. So far it looks fine.

will give an update soon

i think rip

post-301294-0-97956500-1453722718_thumb.

i think rip

How much thermal paste did you apply to the CPU?

a fair amount like it covered the whole surface

how does HwM know the heat of the air inside the laptop?

a fair amount like it covered the whole surface

Well, how did you apply it?

how does HwM know the heat of the air inside the laptop?

Temperature sensors.