Fibre Optic Speed Unusually Slow

AsrielDreemurr
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

It appears to only be my device. How does one set a static ip?

Well, try restarting the router first. 

For static IP: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

On average with my 40mbps line, I'd get an up speed of 16-20 and down speed of 30-40mbps. But lately, it started slowing down noticeably. I did a test today and my up speed is 4mbps and down speed is 8mbps. The ping is 4ms, which is normal. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

Tried a reset of the router? Simple things can often fix these issues. 

EDIT: Is this from all devices, or just one? If it's just one, try setting a static IP and test. 

The ping is 4ms, which is normal. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

normal. R.I.P. german internet. 

Anyways, i have simmilar problems with my router. Sometimes i only get half of the normal speed, usually i have to restart the router once to get a bit faster and 2 times to get it to full speed. No idea why but just try it.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Tried a reset of the router? Simple things can often fix these issues. 

EDIT: Is this from all devices, or just one? If it's just one, try setting a static IP and test. 

It appears to only be my device. How does one set a static ip?

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

Setting a static IP won't change your network speed.

Here are some things you can test.

1) If you are using wireless, change to using a wire.

2) Try restarting your router.

3) Try connecting your computer straight to the wall. No router or anything. That will give you the optimal speed.