Private Internet Access VPN?

TheKDub

Anyone here currently using or have used Private Internet Access? If so , would you recommend it? How much did it affect your ping?

Thanks!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I use it. 

(Don't game on any VPN) 

I use it. 

(Don't game on any VPN) 

Would you recommend it? Or should I continue my search?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

what you gonna use it for?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I use it. 

(Don't game on any VPN) 

gaming on a vpn is okay if you choose the right location (so, a location between you and the game server)

i used to game trough a vpn hosted next to my server (yay for home hosting) and it was as good as connecting directly.

should add: the way to test the latency increase by a vpn shouldnt be done to the "closest" speedtest server.

you should first speedtest trough your vpn, and take note of the server used, then disconnect from the vpn and try again on the same server. this shows the actual vpn latency, and not just the added latency of going a longer distance.

what you gonna use it for?

For the most part just general internet browsing, I'd probably end up putting it on my laptop as well once I get one, that way I can browse the internet and all that shit securely from wherever that I've got internet. (And if I can configure it correctly, get around any internet filters set in place without having to use TOR.)

It works well for me and i saturates my connection to it's fullest, I usually use the US midwest and east servers. I would recommend it over ghost and tunnel bear. 

It works well for me and i saturates my connection to it's fullest, I usually use the US midwest and east servers. I would recommend it over ghost and tunnel bear. 

Alright, thanks!

I have a PIA account but I mostly have it so my friends and family can use it since I prefer to run my own VPNs on my own servers/networks/IPs.

I've spoken with their lawyer briefly though when I was living in Colorado looking for council for my company and the guy is super smart and definitely on the ball when it comes to internet related legalities which is uncommon for most lawyers I've spoken with.

-KuJoe

Anyone here currently using or have used Private Internet Access? If so , would you recommend it? How much did it affect your ping?

Thanks!

I use and I recommend it. Very easy to setup and is very none evasive in the background.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well, I have tried PIA, but my experience wasn't that good. A friend uses it though, but I switched to Purevpn and it is working good enough for me to stay with their service. Considering your requirement, I just want to suggest you to check it out as well :)

Why wasn't your experience with it good?

For the past 2 months my "private internet acess" account hasn't been working worth a damn. Since upgrading from v53 to the current version (v55 I think) it has had a lot of latency and slow dns resolution. I've been thinking about giving another service a try.

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".

Alright, thanks!

You don't need to game on the VPN, PIA have a client that allows you disconnect and reconnect quickly.

Comb it with a brick

You don't need to game on the VPN, PIA have a client that allows you disconnect and reconnect quickly.

Nowhere in this thread have I said anything about gaming... but alright.

For the past 2 months my "private internet acess" account hasn't been working worth a damn. Since upgrading from v53 to the current version (v55 I think) it has had a lot of latency and slow dns resolution. I've been thinking about giving another service a try.

Have you tried contacting support?

The connection kept on dropping. The most stable one was up for 2 hours only!

With a ton of different servers this is highly unlikely. With Windows&Linux if you don't config it exactly right and make sure your router isn't doing any funny business it is rock solid. I personally use PIA as a secondary VPN - mainly to protect my data against ISPs and has the best speeds compared to any other company I've tried.