PC wont post

PeggersXtreme

Hi not sure if this isthe right section but my pc wont post I keep getting error code bdi have re-seated the ram but still nothingthe motherboard is the godlike x99 from msi

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Hi not sure if this isthe right section but my pc wont post I keep getting error code bdi have re-seated the ram but still nothingthe motherboard is the godlike x99 from msi

reseat the gpu? or make sure its properly in? and triple check the cables?

also check cpu cooling

Exactly which error code are you getting?

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

also check cpu cooling

ok I will do that now do you recommend I remove one of the gpu's whilst troubleshooting?

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Exactly which error code are you getting?

Comes up with bd then b9 I just swapped my motherboard out and it was working before I changed boards

Custom PC:

ok I will do that now do you recommend I remove one of the gpu's whilst troubleshooting?

turn your pc off take out your gpu and see if the igpu works (if you have one within your mobo or cpu) if not try a spare gpu

tell me what happens if none of the above work

turn your pc off take out your gpu and see if the igpu works (if you have one within your mobo or cpu) if not try a spare gpu

tell me what happens if none of the above work

Im getting 68 now

Custom PC:

also check cpu cooling

I've now got it to post with one gpu but it took a while to post is that normal?

Custom PC:

I've now got it to post with one gpu but it took a while to post is that normal?

as in for the loading screen to show or ?

as in for the loading screen to show or ?

it hangs on a black screen with A2 in the bottom right for a couple minutes then it finally goes to the windows loading screen with the white dots spinning but takes several minutes to load and I'm using an m.2 SSD that does 2gb/s so it shouldn't take more than a minute to load windows I am re-installing windows now to see if that helps at all but i'm wondering if my cmos battery is faulty due to the slow loading times.

Custom PC:

Comes up with bd then b9 I just swapped my motherboard out and it was working before I changed boards

according to what i am looking at right now ( the ami post codes , the x99 godlike use ami bios ) , the b9 code doesn't exist... strange...

If you mean 9B , it's a usb error.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case