Suggestions on my custom loop

c4lu

Hey guys, i've just built my 2nd custom loop, first one with a gpu in it.

It's been running for 15 hours (in total, has been off a while). Problem here is the air trapped in the 360 rad at top and in the gpu block, how to get it out? Or should I re build it with the pump feeding the gpu instead of the 240 rad (making the loop clockwise)?

Temps are pretty bad I think, cpu tops at 65 in p95 (no OC) and GPU tops at 52 in crysis.

All suggestions are accepted, I'm trying to learn so feel free to go hard on me. Thanks!

xspc ex360 crossflow 360mm 3 nzxt fans pulling
swiftech mcr 220 240mm 2 corsair sp 120 fans pulling
phobya balancer 150
swiftech mcp655
swiftech apogee xt
xspc compression fittings
primochill 3/8 id 5/8 od

i7 4790k @ stock
gtx 970 msi gaming @ stock voltage, core at 1486 mhz
msi z97 gaming 7
samsung 850 evo 
evga 850g2

post-124678-0-15080000-1453493421_thumb.

post-124678-0-28959700-1453493503_thumb.

post-124678-0-44811900-1453493588_thumb.

i7 4790k @ custom wc | MSI z97 gaming 7 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | EVGA Supernova 850 G2 |

8gb (2x4gb) Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 | Samsung 850 EVO 250 gb | NZXT H440 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Naga Molten | Razer Electra | Tekmat AR-15

make sure you correctly connected the blocks with inlet and outlet going the right direction

just power off the pc and run the pump alone off the PSU

shake the system around to let the air escape

having a fill port and the reservour as the highest point in the system helps, but you can still just shake it out

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I'd put opaque cherry blossom coloured liquid inside of it. ( soft light pink like a cherry blossom tree )

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

make sure you correctly connected the blocks with inlet and outlet going the right direction

just power off the pc and run the pump alone off the PSU

shake the system around to let the air escape

having a fill port and the reservour as the highest point in the system helps, but you can still just shake it out

Inlet/outlet ports are OK, Ill just keep trying to get it out by shaking it,. I've already done but no more aire is coming out, I'll try again after work.

Gonna leave it running with the pump at top speed while at work. Thanks!

I'd put opaque cherry blossom coloured liquid inside of it. ( soft light pink like a cherry blossom tree )

Can you link a build like that? I was thinking on pastel white.

i7 4790k @ custom wc | MSI z97 gaming 7 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | EVGA Supernova 850 G2 |

8gb (2x4gb) Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 | Samsung 850 EVO 250 gb | NZXT H440 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Naga Molten | Razer Electra | Tekmat AR-15

Inlet/outlet ports are OK, Ill just keep trying to get it out by shaking it,. I've already done but no more aire is coming out, I'll try again after work.

just to make sure, you do know how to run just the pump without turning on your system righ?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky#3718886

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

just to make sure, you do know how to run just the pump without turning on your system righ?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky#3718886

Yes of course! Its already running. Thanks!

Yes of course! Its already running. Thanks!

cool, post back with some more pics and benches when you're done bleeding

Can you link a build like that? I was thinking on pastel white.

Don't use pastel, Look at Jayztwocents he'll teach you, and his water cooling video with opaque pink is where I got the idea, it's being used in my build rn.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

Don't use pastel, Look at Jayztwocents he'll teach you, and his water cooling video with opaque pink is where I got the idea, it's being used in my build rn.

Here we go again. The least you should do is give a full story of event. Only the liquid in his GPU loop got messed up. Which he said may have been due to the extreme temps on 3 overclocked GPU's and/or fitting in a new radiator that wasn't Cleaned before use.

I've used Mayhems pastel white now for over 10 months, cleaning twice and reusing liquid with no discolouration and/or gunk

Depending on the thickness of the radiator it can take from a day to months, getting air should not to that difficult if you move your system and try an angle to flowbl to go into the top radiator.

Getting air out of the top radiator may be more difficult depending on the type and / or thickness. If you have a multi port radiator then buy an extension fitting and a mini plug, attach the extension fitting and the let the system run.

If you have another radiator that does not have multi port fitting options then all I can say is just randomly increase the speed of your pump of you have a d5 and we'll just let the system run.

FUN FACT: I've never one build a computer and especially not a custom loop yet I know all this :P

@alpenwasser may be able to help more than me.

they're both 35.5mm thick, and they're not multiport. They're pretty thin so it shouldnt be a problem, I'll just let it flow.

I've read only positive things about mayhems' pastel white. Saw jayz's videos, he said something with the radiators and high temps but he didnt completely blame the pastel, CPU's loop was ok. I'll check that pink one! thanks

I was 99% sure that there was a let it go parody called let it flow, I hate them, let em burn.

Depending on the thickness of the radiator it can take from a day to months, getting air should not to that difficult if you move your system and try an angle to flowbl to go into the top radiator.

Getting air out of the top radiator may be more difficult depending on the type and / or thickness. If you have a multi port radiator then buy an extension fitting and a mini plug, attach the extension fitting and the let the system run.

If you have another radiator that does not have multi port fitting options then all I can say is just randomly increase the speed of your pump of you have a d5 and we'll just let the system run.

FUN FACT: I've never one build a computer and especially not a custom loop yet I know all this :P

@alpenwasser may be able to help more than me.

Yeah, it can take a long time for air bubbles to move out of the loop, and depending on the loop layout, some bubbles might be stuck in some locations forever, or at least for months (in my experience, at least). The usual measures you can take have already been mentioned, but in the end there isn't really any sort of be-all-end-all bubble removal magic that I'm aware of.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Here we go again. The least you should do is give a full story of event. Only the liquid in his GPU loop got messed up. Which he said may have been due to the extreme temps on 3 overclocked GPU's and/or fitting in a new radiator that wasn't Cleaned before use.

Sigh, Also, from my experience, it did the same as his to my entire loop so :/

I'll check that pink one! thanks

Yeah, I love the pink. It fits in with the white/black theme.

Sigh, Also, from my experience, it did the same as his to my entire loop so :/

Without proof, it may just be BS. Anyone in their right minds will take pictures/make a video.

Without proof, it may just be BS. Anyone in their right minds will take pictures/make a video.

Well I dumped it a while back, I'm running prettier stuff.

Well I dumped it a while back, I'm running prettier stuff.

Guess, I've done something right not to have experienced the same as you and jay.

Guess, I've done something right not to have experienced the same as you and jay.

Yeah, your lucky I tried it two different times, wasted money and time, fun.

Couldn't find the video, can you link it? Found the bloodshed one, awesome too.

cool, post back with some more pics and benches when you're done bleeding

p95 stabilizes at 63c with 25c ambient temp. All fans at 7v, is it ok?

Yeah, it can take a long time for air bubbles to move out of the loop, and depending on the loop layout, some bubbles might be stuck in some locations forever, or at least for months (in my experience, at least). The usual measures you can take have already been mentioned, but in the end there isn't really any sort of be-all-end-all bubble removal magic that I'm aware of.

There is a lot of air in the 240 rad, saw it coming in and staying :(

Couldn't find the video, can you link it? Found the bloodshed one, awesome too.

Here:

Thanks! Was thinking on something more purple lime the build from awesome(something) network

Re builded the loop, the pump now feeds the gpu block instead of the 240 rad. So loop goes clockwise now. Shaked the case like a mofo and got all the possible air out, temps went down like 7c, yay!!

Thanks! Was thinking on something more purple lime the build from awesome(something) network

Re builded the loop, the pump now feeds the gpu block instead of the 240 rad. So loop goes clockwise now. Shaked the case like a mofo and got all the possible air out, temps went down like 7c, yay!!

Woo! so it works good now? Then that's nice, hopefully you get some beast oc's like Asus gpu's can't.