How can i power my CPU

Guys my power supply has 4 pins to power the cpu but my motherboard has 8 pins. I need an adaptor or i can connect it without any problem

I would not take the risks for the cpu being underpowered or damaging the motherboard so instead just buy an adapter for a few dollars.

The adapter you need is called "4 pins ATX to 8 pins EPS12V adapter cable"

I found some on Amazon: (4 pins ATX to 8 pins EPS12V ATX)

This is one which converts 4 pins molex to EPS12V 8 pins (but i don't know if this 12V "rail" can handle that power/current):

CPU: Intel i5 6600 @ 3.3GHz (Boost 3.9GHz) | Motherboard: ASUS Skylake Z170-K | RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz GPU: ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 250GB | PSU: Cooler Master GM Series G650M | Case: Cooler Master CM 690 III (side window)

what hardware are we talking about? sometimes you can connect the 4 pins in one side of the motherboard, it can work, but be careful about electrical restrictions of regions and another things that can damage the motherboard. Without hardware details o can't do any more, sorry. And good luck

what hardware are we talking about? sometimes you can connect the 4 pins in one side of the motherboard, it can work, but be careful about electrical restrictions of regions and another things that can damage the motherboard. Without hardware details o can't do any more, sorry. And good luck

MotherBoard:Msi 970 gaming CPU:FX 6100 PSU:550WATT GPU:RADEON HD 7770 GHZ EDITION RAM:8gb

I edited my first post :D

Hope this helps you out.

CPU: Intel i5 6600 @ 3.3GHz (Boost 3.9GHz) | Motherboard: ASUS Skylake Z170-K | RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz GPU: ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 250GB | PSU: Cooler Master GM Series G650M | Case: Cooler Master CM 690 III (side window)

MotherBoard:Msi 970 gaming CPU:FX 6100 PSU:550WATT GPU:RADEON HD 7770 GHZ EDITION RAM:8gb

I would not take the risks for the cpu being underpowered or damaging the motherboard so instead just buy an adapter for a few dollars.

The adapter you need is called "4 pins EPS12V to 8 pins EPS12V ATX adapter cable"

I found some on Amazon: (4 pins EPS12V to 8 pins EPS12V ATX)

This is one which converts 4 pins molex to EPS12V 8 pins (but i don't know if this 12V "rail" can handle that power/current):

Yes i'm agree with you

I found more info for this: http://superuser.com/questions/386138/can-i-safely-use-a-psu-with-an-atx-12v-4-pin-for-a-board-that-has-a-eps-12v-8-pi

Also make sure your power supply can handle the 12V rail power needed for both CPU, Videocard and other devices. See your PSU manual how much power the 12V rail can handle.