Zelda Windwaker vs Zelda Windwaker HD graphic comparison video from Nintendo

GoodBytes

Nintendo of Japan made a nice video comparing the visuals of the Zelda Windwaker from the GameCube where it was originally released and the the coming remaster and improved Windwaker HD on the WiiU

Watch in 1080p:

No complaints that they upgraded the graphics. Are they adding any new story or is the the exact same thing? That would bother me...

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

They could of done some more i think, that ocean looks pathetic to be honest, the wii u isnt very powerful but still a lot more can be done with it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

No complaints that they upgraded the graphics. Are they adding any new story or is the the exact same thing? That would bother me...

Well. The game is expected to have numerous improvements:

-> Triforce Hunt was made much less cumbersome - We have to see what was made. It's a secret for now.

-> Fast sailing (the reason why it was slow, is because to let the GameCube unload the old island, and load the new one, no mater where you are and go to. it was to use the dynamic loading process system in the GameCube, Metroid Prime is another game that had this.. in this case, it was slow opening doors and hallways with enemies. Now it's not needed due to the huge performance and memory amount of the WiiU over the GameCube

-> Hero Mode. A mode where the game is much harder. (double damage, no hearts (you have to use potions).

-> As there is no GameBoy Advance, the hole Tingle thing was changed, for the WiiU Gamepad. PictoBox can now store 12 pictures (used in side quests) instead of 3, making the hole thing more convenient. Ability to take "shelfy's" (Link on the picture, not you).

-> Tingle Bottle (new). You can write a message with the Gamepad, put it on the bottle and throw it in the ocean. You can find other bottled from other players with their messages.

-> MiiVerse integration (of course, like all games on the WiiU), and off TV play.

-> GamePad function (new) - you can quickly switch items, see inventory status.

They could of done some more i think, that ocean looks pathetic to be honest, the wii u isnt very powerful but still a lot more can be done with it.

Nintendo said that the idea of the HD remake is to to stay true to the original art of the game, not to change it.

The WiiU can do kick-ass water (for a console), look at Pikmin 3. Also the depth of field of Pikmin 3 is just insane. Better than what I ever saw on the PC side at max settings. Some hardcore OpenGL pro's worked on that effect, that's for sure. It's not a power issue, or lack of knowledge in OpenGL, is what i am trying to say.

Well. The game is expected to have numerous improvements:

-> Triforce Hunt was made much less cumbersome - We have to see what was made. It's a secret for now.

-> Fast sailing (the reason why it was slow, is because to let the GameCube unload the old island, and load the new one, no mater where you are and go to. it was to use the dynamic loading process system in the GameCube, Metroid Prime is another game that had this.. in this case, it was slow opening doors and hallways with enemies. Now it's not needed due to the huge performance and memory amount of the WiiU over the GameCube

-> Hero Mode. A mode where the game is much harder. (double damage, no hearts (you have to use potions).

-> As there is no GameBoy Advance, the hole Tingle thing was changed, for the WiiU Gamepad. PictoBox can now store 12 pictures (used in side quests) instead of 3, making the hole thing more convenient. Ability to take "shelfy's" (Link on the picture, not you).

-> Tingle Bottle (new). You can write a message with the Gamepad, put it on the bottle and throw it in the ocean. You can find other bottled from other players with their messages.

-> MiiVerse integration (of course, like all games on the WiiU), and off TV play.

-> GamePad function (new) - you can quickly switch items, see inventory status.

Nintendo said that the idea of the HD remake is to to stay true to the original art of the game, not to change it.

The WiiU can do kick-ass water (for a console), look at Pikmin 3. Also the depth of field of Pikmin 3 is just insane. Better than what I ever saw on the PC side at max settings. Some hardcore OpenGL pro's worked on that effect, that's for sure. It's not a power issue, or lack of knowledge in OpenGL, is what i am trying to say.

Im talking about the simulations, they are way to simple, they go up and down, thats like early ps2 days but now they should be able to simulate much more. Pikmin has some sexy water, not everyone knows this but one of guys that did some fancy water mod on skyrim did pikmin water textures(not physics) but its quite awesome, not the best in my opinion but certainly up there.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Im talking about the simulations, they are way to simple, they go up and down, thats like early ps2 days but now they should be able to simulate much more. Pikmin has some sexy water, not everyone knows this but one of guys that did some fancy water mod on skyrim did pikmin water textures(not physics) but its quite awesome, not the best in my opinion but certainly up there.

Ah ok! And awesome for the water in Pikmin.

Yea I don't know.. maybe they reuse the same code, and didn't bother in that area. I mean it's not a new game. But i get you.. if they did all this, why not spend an extra month and get the water better. Well we have to see, the game is still in development, or it just happened that the clips we saw on the video the water was calm.

I'm not quite sure, I think it's the lighting, but it feels like the HD version lost part of the style that I like from the original. I feel like the limitations of the Gamecube help the style of Wind Waker overall.

That's awesome , now since they finished that, they can work on the 3ds remake of majoras mask :)

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I made a post about the Dolphin GC/WII emulator a few weeks back.

While I'm excited to see the full HD remake of windwaker, you can already enjoy an impressive hd version of windwaker using the emulator and rendering the already existing game at a 4x higher resolution. 2560 x 2112 with AA You also get the option of using a real widescreen view that isn't a stretched image (the UI gets stretched, but actual game is not). The game looks unbelievably good and you can do this for any Wii/GC title, I recently played through skyward sword and a slowly working on WW. If you want to try it out make sure you have both the games, and respected console(s) before hand.

The WIIU version does look nice with the light bloom, lighting, and new textures I'll pick it up once the WiiU has more support and titles that interest me, likely this coming holiday season.

I hope they add some extra content to the game. I'm very interested to see how it compares with the original WW in HD via dolhpin.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44525-dolphin-emulator/?p=584486

Unfortunately when uploading these images to LTT, they got resized and compressed making the difference, while substantial, not as much as it truly is.

post-423-0-64216800-1376134599.png
post-423-0-15316400-1376134566.png

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

WindWaker HD was release in Japan... and people discover the something else changed...

The music has been remastered. At least that is what reports are noticing.

WindWaker HD was release in Japan... and people discover the something else changed...

The music has been remastered. At least that is what reports are noticing.

That's nearly a turn off for me. They didn't really need remastering and I never like remastered versions of any music.

Well listen for yourself, i think Nintendo did a very good job:

http://flanoirbunny.tumblr.com/post/60422679967/so-i-was-watching-this-footage-of-wind-waker-hd

(hit the small play button)

It compares the audio of the GameCube audio ripped out of teh ROM, with Wind Waker HD recorded from the WiiU.

That's nice. It's definitely not as bad as I was expecting. I dunno. It may be a getting used to it thing.

^the thing with remastered music is, depending on how old it is; the melody is always the most important aspect. With some remasters, other sounds/instruments take over that initial flute/violin/gameboy; and for the listener you're not getting the same emotion you would with remastered music compared to the original piece (unless done right and they let the melody be 90% of the song). Kingdom hearts 1.5 HD did a good job with its remastering.

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/9/4710760/wind-waker-hd-and-the-pursuit-of-perfection

From what I can see, Eiji Aonuma is very passionate, and understand the challenges he faces in remastering the game to try and balance: improvement/optimization and staying true to the original for the fan of the original game. He even said in the article, that he does want to be like StarWars HD remake, which was a disappointment. A very hard challenge indeed.