Windows 10 to SSD?

NJHourigan

So I've just ordered my first SSD, and will be moving my windows 10 install to it, but like, how?

So I've just ordered my first SSD, and will be moving my windows 10 install to it, but like, how?

Use the software that comes with it! Its super easy!

Or you can use Macrium Reflect (did this not long ago) and clone the drive.

You will need to connect the SSD to the system you have your drive in now so you can make the clone, so there is that.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Use the software that comes with it! Its super easy!

Or you can use Macrium Reflect (did this not long ago) and clone the drive.

You will need to connect the SSD to the system you have your drive in now so you can make the clone, so there is that.

Oh, Thanks

Oh, Thanks

Youre welcome. Super easy, if you have questions just hit me up!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Youre welcome. Super easy, if you have questions just hit me up!

Is there a way to just move the OS, because I'm using like 600GB on my HDD and only have a 240GB ssd so I can't just copy everything over.

Is there a way to just move the OS, because I'm using like 600GB on my HDD and only have a 240GB ssd so I can't just copy everything over.

I dont think so. I have never found an easy way. If you can move some of the unnecessary files (like documents and games) to an external hard drive for the cloning, that would be easiest.