Intel Stock Cooler

dfg666

So I have a cooler for a 2600K that's rated at 0.6 amps and a cooler for a 3570K that's rated for 0.28 amps. Why is the 2600K intel stock cooler have a higher ameperage? Is it because of the higher TDP of 95W compared to the 3570K's 77W TDP? What happens if I use the 0.28 amps stock cooler with the 2600K, no overclocks? Does it have a lower RPM?

#intelstockcoolermasterrace4lief

you shouldn't look at the amperage... that's a fan rating

instead look for thermal dissipation, if your CPU manufacturer states that the CPU is 95W TDP then you should try to mach it with a cooler of at least 95W

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

The amperage is the fan rating. It's not thermal dissipation - thermal dissipation is measured in watts.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The amperage rating is for the fan.  The heat-sink is designed to work with the specific processor that it was shipped with.  Intel does test before releasing a product line so they know how well their stock coolers will work.  Putting a different stock cooler on a processor might not necessarily mean disaster BUT it may affect your processors idle and load temperatures which will determine if the processor throttles it's clock back to compensate for being too hot.  You can experiment.  But you do that at YOUR OWN RISK.

Laws only govern the honest.

Just don't put stock heatsink if you plan on overclocking.
Good temps = good lifespan for your cpu :D Just run it on stock clocks if you're using stock intel cpu cooler.

Just don't put stock heatsink if you plan on overclocking.

Good temps = good lifespan for your cpu :D Just run it on stock clocks if you're using stock intel cpu cooler.

Temperatures aren't the only thing to consider. You also need to worry about the amount of voltage being applied to the die.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch