HyperX Cloud Headset

Donut417

Background: Just before Christmas my Kraken Pro’s kicked the bucket after 2.5 years. I looked at reviews and came across the Hyper X Clouds. So I asked for them from Christmas.

First Impressions: They come packaged well. I was impressed with the included accessories.

Using them:

Sound: They sound fine to me. They seem to do better than the Kraken pros.

Mic: I really can’t comment on the mic as I haven’t used it yet. Sometimes me and my friend Skype. I will say I like the fact it detaches.

Connectivity: Firstly, they give you extension cables for Headset and Mic this is a nice inclusion as I have the cables routed around my desk making it easy to disconnect my headset so I can take it with me if I choose. You get an adapter that will allow you to connect this headset in to a Headphone/Mic combo jack which is nice, as my laptop only has a combo jack. Airplane adapter, I have never flown but when I do I know I won’t have to use the crappy head phones the airlines use, nice to know.

Build Quality: I think they are built well. It has a nice braided cable. They use some metal in its construction. It feels like a solid product. I cannot comment on long term build quality as I have only had them a few weeks.

Comfort: I wear my headsets for hours. I can say I was impressed. At first they were a little tight and needed break in. However only after a short while they seem pretty well broken in.

Other thoughts: It seems like they thought about everything. A bag to keep all of your accessories in is included. All the cables I stated above, and some fabric ear cups. The ear cups are nice because on my last head set mine ripped. Razer wanted 13 USD for the ear cups and 13 USD for shipping. So it’s really nice that Kinston would include extra ear cups.

Over all I would say they are a good product. I remember the days I used to buy 20 – 30 USD headsets and they always seemed to come up short. I took a chance with the Kraken Pro’s and was impressed what a little more money could do. I think at the price these are and what you get, you’re getting a pretty good deal. 

post-209-0-66139500-1453336001_thumb.jpg

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DefinePvP said:

Tempting...

image.png

I hate how they made a White version on the 2s, but then decided to go Pink with the outlines.

#sad. Why can't they just make it like the White 1s.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

5 hours ago, DefinePvP said:

Tempting...

image.png

1 hour ago, Noyu said:

I hate how they made a White version on the 2s, but then decided to go Pink with the outlines.

#sad. Why can't they just make it like the White 1s.

they made that for people like this:

CGnrfjcXIAAEkZD.jpg

16 hours ago, manikyath said:

they made that for people like this:

Hidden Content

can't see the image when Reveal hidden contents.

I just see: CGnrfjcXIAAEkZD.jpg

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

6 hours ago, Noyu said:

can't see the image when Reveal hidden contents.

I just see: CGnrfjcXIAAEkZD.jpg

weird, works fine for me...