4690k VS 4790 non k

Go to solution Solved by VG Docs,

which of these two processors would you recommend for a gaming rig paired with a 980 and 16 gigs of ram. i may  or maynot be using it for light video editing but 90% gaming 

4690k. It'd be better to use the extra cash on something else (better GPU, SSD if you already have a GPU, etc.)

Editing won't really utilize the 4790k unless you're doing some seriously heavy workloads, or are exporting (which can be greatly helped by the video card anyway).

iv never overclocked a cpu but i wouldn't be opposed however. can the i5 handle 1080p video editing at all?

It handles it more than fine. If you use Cuda cores/opengl to help with the exporting that'll be the biggest time save.

which of these two processors would you recommend for a gaming rig paired with a 980 and 16 gigs of ram. i may  or maynot be using it for light video editing but 90% gaming 

If you're into overclocking, the 4690k will outperform the 4790 in games when overclocked.

Almost as cool as my temps  

If you're into overclocking, the 4690k will outperform the 4790 in games when overclocked.

iv never overclocked a cpu but i wouldn't be opposed however. can the i5 handle 1080p video editing at all?

4690k. It'd be better to use the extra cash on something else (better GPU, SSD if you already have a GPU, etc.)

Editing won't really utilize the 4790k unless you're doing some seriously heavy workloads, or are exporting (which can be greatly helped by the video card anyway).

It handles it more than fine. If you use Cuda cores/opengl to help with the exporting that'll be the biggest time save.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit