[OPINION] The Downfall of Newegg TV?

AmateurPCGuy

Before I even discovered Linus, I was a fan of Newegg TV, and their crew was still the "OG" crew. Paul, Kyle, Joanne, Jennifer, Steve, etc.

But after a few years (and a couple of office/studio transfers), Newegg TV just wasn't the same. With the departure of Joanne (going solo), then Paul and Kyle (also went solo), Jennifer (went to Tek Syndicate), Steve (went to Monoprice) and Rachel (I think she started a new channel, I forgot), Newegg TV wasn't the same.

Now, as I was strolling through YouTube a few weeks before CES 2016, I saw a pretty interesting video from them: a build guide. Yes, build guides tickles my tech funny bone... Until I saw who was hosting the video. It was Carey Holzman.

Really Newegg TV? Really? That Carey Holzman? The one who made a fuzz over this (and an unnecessary fuzz over this)?

If we take a look at their current crew lineup, the only guy who actually knows tech stuff is Carey, not much else (like seriously, who's on their lineup? Some girl whose name we prolly don't know, although I could be wrong I'm not watching them anymore). But if they want to be an active player in the digital media business, they better do it with someone with a "good reputation". Also, if we look at their current video release pattern, all we see are product overviews (obviously, since most of their content are for their website). No actual fun stuff...

C'mon, where did Yolk'd go? It became from a "irregular" video series to weekly, to none! What happened to that? What happened to the other content back when it was the OG NTV crew? the Q&A session? C'mon Newegg TV people, NCIX beat you in like, half a year, and they did their usual stuff.

Whatever internal affair happened on their side, that's on them. What's prevalent, however, is that whatever steps they took, pretty much lead (or leads) to their imminent downfall.

Deleted, deleted videos

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Modz pls delete.

Had completely the wrong end of the stick.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"