Which r9 380 should I get

Jimmiesdadsmom

So Gigabyte, XFX, Sapphire nitro is what I narrowed it to.

Also should I get 2 or 4gb of VRAM?

I'm looking to play

Bo3

Bf4

Assassins creed

And similar titles at 2560x1080

Please tell me your reasoning if you have a recommendation and I will be overclocking as much as possible so I want the lowest temps!

Thx all and sorry for the noobness. I'm upgrading from a 960 so I'm Excited about a 256 bit bus.

So Gigabyte, XFX, Sapphire nitro is what I narrowed it to.

Also should I get 2 or 4gb of VRAM?

I'm looking to play

Bo3

Bf4

Assassins creed

And similar titles at 2560x1080

Please tell me your reasoning if you have a recommendation and I will be overclocking as much as possible so I want the lowest temps!

For that resolution I would recommend a AMD R9 390 instead. If you play on 1080p then go for the MSI>Sapphire>XFX>PowerColor 4GB version of the R9 380.

Out of the three, Sapphire.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Out of the three, Sapphire.

lol that was quick, what about outside the three? MSI?

No, still Sapphire lol.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

MSI, Sapphire and XFX are the three best brands of AMD GPU's. There isn't a big difference when it comes to cooling the GPU's between Sapphire and MSI. Both are almost the same price so it all comes to looks preference.

ok and how much vram do you think I should get?

Get the 4GB model.

Spoiler

For that resolution I would recommend a AMD R9 390 instead. If you play on 1080p then go for the MSI>Sapphire>XFX>PowerColor 4GB version of the R9 380.

I don't have doe for a 390 :( as I stated earlier, I plan on overclocking.

MSI, Sapphire and XFX are the three best brands of AMD GPU's. There isn't a big difference when it comes to cooling the GPU's between Sapphire and MSI. Both are almost the same price so it all comes to looks preference.

When you said it comes down to preference I read "whichever is cheaper" [emoji23][emoji23]

you could check out the 380x's? they should perform a bit better at your resolution and they are just a small step up in costs.

Well you could also get the AMD R9 380X but I don't know how big your budget is. You won't get high framerates with the R9 380 at 2560x1080p resolution. The R9 380X is a little bit more expensive but gets higher framerates at 2560x1080p. 

When you said it comes down to preference I read "whichever is cheaper" [emoji23][emoji23]

With preference I mean the looks of the card like size, color etc.

I have the 2gb r9 380 nitro sitting next to me as we speak, and just a warning if you have a dodgy case with bad airflow like myself the fans will ramp up quite high.

If you want to play BO3 on Extra texture quality (ultra) then you'll need more than 4GB of ram. Though if you don't mind playing on high settings, then 4GB should suit you fine.

If you want to play BO3 on Extra texture quality (ultra) then you'll need more than 4GB of ram. Though if you don't mind playing on high settings, then 4GB should suit you fine.

Wow thanks everyone. I scored on a sapphire nitro 380x 4gb. Now time to upgrade from my CRT lmao

Get Sapphire 4GB. But if MSI is cheaper, get it instead.  :D

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

Wow thanks everyone. I scored on a sapphire nitro 380x 4gb. Now time to upgrade from my CRT lmao

Congrats, I have a friend in Oregon who has a 270x that's on its last legs, I bought him a 380x to replace it. It's a beast of a card according to a lot of reviews on YouTube. Especially at 1080p gaming. I think it'll handle 1080p ultra wide fine as well.

I own a sapphire NITRO R9 390 and love it. I'll be buying a second one soon to crossfire them.

Congrats, I have a friend in Oregon who has a 270x that's on its last legs, I bought him a 380x to replace it. It's a beast of a card according to a lot of reviews on YouTube. Especially at 1080p gaming. I think it'll handle 1080p ultra wide fine as well.

I own a sapphire NITRO R9 390 and love it. I'll be buying a second one soon to crossfire them.

That's sick. Are you going to do 4K on that?

I have the 2gb r9 380 nitro sitting next to me as we speak, and just a warning if you have a dodgy case with bad airflow like myself the fans will ramp up quite high.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind!

That's sick. Are you going to do 4K on that?

No, but I play on 1440p 144Hz.

A single 390 I average 90fps with everything maxed on BO3, though I also play dying light, and with everything maxed I average 45fps in that game. Even with Freesync on its fine but I want it to be a bit smoother with a higher frame rate so I'm going to add a second.

I'm just waiting until I can buy the second card and a new PSU at the same time lol