This board/ram CPU combo compatible?

Hi All.

So, I’m collecting the parts for my new computer. I’m wondering if this board and CPU will work with 128 GB of ram, at a fast speed, between 2800-3200. Now in the specs Asrock says it will, but when I called them they sounded very unsure. I have seen more than one review of 128GB kits that are supposed to run for example at 3,000, and the person says it will only hit 2,200. I don’t want to pay an extra couple hundred bucks if it will only run at the slower speeds.

And here is my list of eligible ram that I check every day. The ram makers seem to not want to commit to an answer. The one I would like to get is the G.skill DDR4 3,000. G.skill did not sound sure about it at all:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600521523%20600563496&IsNodeId=1&bo

Has anybody tried this combination? If not any imput is very much appreciated. 

It is compatible but do yourself a favour and save some money by getting the 5820K instead.

And 128GB of RAM is overkill unless you're running a server. Actually, it's more than overkill.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Looks like it'll work.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

i thought I7s only support 64GB of ram ? swear they do, http://ark.intel.com/products/82931/Intel-Core-i7-5930K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

does say dependant on memory type tho, so aslong as the ram is fine then it will all work good  

scratch that, it will work

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

128gb of ram at that speed but asking this kind of a question? dont even try mate

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

unless you plan on doing quad sli or three way sli plus NVME you shouldn't need the 5930k. The only difference between it and the 5820k is more PCIE lanes plus a slight clock speed boost.

Edit: Why do you need 128gb of ram

i thought I7s only support 64GB of ram ? swear they do, http://ark.intel.com/products/82931/Intel-Core-i7-5930K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

does say dependant on memory type tho, so aslong as the ram is fine then it will all work good  

scratch that, it will work

I'm shocked at getting four replies already. See, what intel says is kind of what I mean. The manufacturers themselves seem to want to play it safe, or not want to commit. This will run 128, but not according to intel! The ram verified on the Asrock site is old, and they do not list 128 kits. Keep the thoughts coming. :-)

I'm shocked at getting four replys already. Keep the thoughts comming. 

I'm shocked at getting four replys already. See, what intel says is kind of what I mean. The manufacturers themselves seem to want to play it safe, or not want to commit. This will run 128, but not according to intel! The ram verified on the Asrock site is old, and they do not list 128 kits. Keep the thoughts coming. :-)

Ironically my work in process build is running 128GB of ram.

post-221137-0-33795000-1453026254_thumb.

Ironically my work in process build is running 128GB of ram.

DAMN! I thought I was serious. You are SERIOUS. LOL

DAMN! I thought I was serious. You are SERIOUS. LOL

The funny thing is is that i don't  have a gpu for it yet so i puled my old 550ti out to see if it would post which it did but i just laugh at the thought that the only way i had to test modern hardware was to use a 5 year old gpu.

The funny thing is is that i don't  have a gpu for it yet so i puled my old 550ti out to see if it would post which it did but i just laugh at the thought that the only way i had to test modern hardware was to use a 5 year old gpu.

LOL i just posted my current comp in the profile area. Since I built it, I was running a Geforce 250! I just bought a 750 Ti and was SHOCKED at how much faster it works with DVD Fab for instance. I just bought this for the new one. I’m thinking of putting it in my old one, just to see the NEW difference!  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WJOVQD0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
I have to say, my P6T Deluxe Ver 2 has been fantastic, but I have too many problems with the SATA 3 drives. They are all running at SATA 2 speed, (the board only supports 2) I have about twelve of them. I can’t wait to see what they will do in the new one. I also bought the little monster, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB. It’s all laying there in a box, while I wait for a Nanoxia case to come in, and make sure of the ram question.

Ya i'm hoping to be able to pick up the mastercase 5 and that same 950 PRO by the end of the month but i have a server and router to get parts for so i'm not sure if i can get them this month. So out of curiosity why do you need 128GB of ram?