"Dirt" on the reservoir - Swiftech H220-X

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

Thank you, that was my initial idea but i was scared it could be dangerous on my cpu. I thought i should ask first.

How hard is it to do a fluid change on a cooler like this??

Similar to a custom loop you would drain and flush the rads and blocks out before reassembling and refilling. You can always just hook the pump up to 12V power and see if it goes into solution without having it installed first.

Hello all,

So I ordered all my parts for Amazon to make a new build and today i received, among others, my cpu cooler of choice, the Swiftech H220-X.

I live in France, the only available retailer on Amazon who had it in stock was a German store (where i also got my motherboard).

When i opened it to check it out it was all dusty like it had been exposed for quite a while and on the reservoir i seem to see some "dirt" that moves around which made me become a bit concerned.

This is the first time ever i buy a clc nor did I even fiddle with watercooling before so I am not sure what to make of it.

It doesn't seem like it has been used (but then again how can I know), I'll leave a few photos attached and I would love to hear more experience people's opinions on it.

Thank you!

post-155241-0-79198600-1452988656_thumb.

post-155241-0-39452700-1452988735_thumb.

@da Maia nice job on the warranty sticker  :lol:

Anyway, I imported my H240-X from the USA but other than a slightly frosted window and a little bit of missing paint on the radiator under the pump it seemed fine. If there are particles flying around in your reservoir I'd suggest you flush it fist before using it.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

-SNIP-

Run the cooler for a bit to see if it dissolves, it's been asked a few times before and supposedly it should go solution but if it doesn't I would look into doing an RMA on the unit or returning it if you can, unless you want to do a fluid change.

@da Maia nice job on the warranty sticker  :lol:

Anyway, I imported my H240-X from the USA but other than a slightly frosted window and a little bit of missing paint on the radiator under the pump it seemed fine. If there are particles flying around in your reservoir I'd suggest you flush it fist before using it.

Well it actually came unglued on the side. It is still glued one the junction so guaranty wise i should be fine. I glued it with some weak paper glue but i was thinking on cutting that bit so it is not visible. horrible place to put it.

Another thing that i dislike about this order, i can only wonder how it was stored until now.

Run the cooler for a bit to see if it dissolves, it's been asked a few times before and supposedly it should go solution but if it doesn't I would look into doing an RMA on the unit or returning it if you can, unless you want to do a fluid change.

Thank you, that was my initial idea but i was scared it could be dangerous on my cpu. I thought i should ask first.

Similar to a custom loop you would drain and flush the rads and blocks out before reassembling and refilling. You can always just hook the pump up to 12V power and see if it goes into solution without having it installed first.

Cheers mate, will do that tomorrow!

Thank you!

So I have just done this and it immediately disappeared :D!

I left it running for a couple of minutes anyway to see if it would turn up again and I am happy to say it seemed to have gone into solution completely.

Any idea of what it might be???

Thanks again!

I left it running for a couple of minutes anyway to see if it would turn up again and I am happy to say it seemed to have gone into solution completely.

Thanks again!

Might be some leftover residue from production. It probably wasn't cleaned good enough.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Thanks again!

As said it could be debris from the rads during production or some of the chemical in the fluid that came out of solution and precipitated.  Just note you need to be using distilled water with a biocide or premixed fluid in those.