Phanteks evolv atx + corsair gtx h110i

Chzo
Go to solution Solved by Acquire,

That's not possible. There isn't enough room. The fans would also not do much up there since the vents are on the sides of the top. The fans would be right up against the solid top panel. That case really needed to be taller.

I'm planning to buy these two pieces for my future build and I'd like to know if I'll be able to mount the fans or the radiator ABOVE the "radiator mounting slide thing" in the upper part of the case.

Yes, you can mount any 280mm radiator on the top.

http://www.phanteksusa.com/products/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-atx-anthracite-grey

Not sure how much clearance you would get.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Have you considered getting NZXT Kraken X61?

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/corsair_h110i_gt_vs_nzxt_kraken_x61_review,15.html

It's a better cooler.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

A little clarification.

I'd like to mount the radiator or more probably the fans, since there won't be much space, ABOVE the slide thing in the image.

I was thinking about something like this:

-Slide that bracket out

-Position fans in the gap under the top panel of the case

-slide the bracket back in

-mount the radiator under the bracket

The final result would be that the bracket will stay between the fans and the radiator

Hope I could explain my plan clearly enough since English is not my first language

post-302591-0-46438000-1452943442.jpg

If that isn't possible could you please suggest me another case?

The things I'm looking for are:

-the less plastic the more metal the better

-most plain/monolith like look possible

-I don't care for optical drives

-I will be using only one ssd and one hhd so the more internal clearance the better

The phanteks evolv atx was the perfect case for me but I don't like the radiator + fans to cover that much motherboard. I was also thinking of placing the radiator in the front part of the case but won't that pull warm air from the radiator inside the case?

That's not possible. There isn't enough room. The fans would also not do much up there since the vents are on the sides of the top. The fans would be right up against the solid top panel. That case really needed to be taller.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

If that isn't possible could you please suggest me another case?

The things I'm looking for are:

-the less plastic the more metal the better

-most plain/monolith like look possible

-I don't care for optical drives

-I will be using only one ssd and one hhd so the more internal clearance the better

The phanteks evolv atx was the perfect case for me but I don't like the radiator + fans to cover that much motherboard. I was also thinking of placing the radiator in the front part of the case but won't that pull warm air from the radiator inside the case?

You can put a radiator in the front. It won't do anything negative. jay did a video on it.

Like Acquire said, it wouldnt do much. I have the evolv atx with an AIO in the top mounted on the bracket though. It barely has enough room for the air to escape. I'd look into a different case if I were you.

That's unfortunate! I really liked the look of this case.. Any other case suggestion?

Master case pro by cooler master maybe.

Or if you want phenteks, you can look at the Enthoo pro, Enthoo pro m.

Is there a specific reason you want to mount the rad and fans like that?

It looks pretty cool to me!! But the poor space in the top for the fans to breathe is starting to concern me..

I know that mounting the rad in the front doesn't make that much difference but personally I don't like it that much.

In the end I think I'll go for the enthoo luxe or the corsair 750d. Nzxt h440 / fractal design s or r5 are still an option for the monolith-like look I love.. But damn that plastic.

It looks pretty cool to me!! But the poor space in the top for the fans to breathe is starting to concern me..

I know that mounting the rad in the front doesn't make that much difference but personally I don't like it that much.

In the end I think I'll go for the enthoo luxe or the corsair 750d. Nzxt h440 / fractal design s or r5 are still an option for the monolith-like look I love.. But damn that plastic.

I'd recommend the Enthoo luxe or h440.

Phanteks build quality is top notch.

I have an NZXT s340 which has an identical interior to the h440, and its very nice both functionality wise and looks.

Those would be my two recommendations. As far as Corsair goes, I'm not a fan of their build quality of their cases. Though that's just personal experience.

Thanks everybody for the advices!! I've settled my mind for the luxe as I can't find a single flaw in that case