I need internet!

Cory_plays_games

So as many people know Satelitte internet + online gaming = LLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGG I checked and we cant get at&t or time water cable without paying 3,000 for about 700 feet of line! and by the way we live in the sticks of north carolina. what do you think we should do?

Pro Budget Gamer (thats not a thing)

So as many people know Satelitte internet + online gaming = LLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGG I checked and we cant get at&t or time water cable without paying 3,000 for about 700 feet of line! and by the way we live in the sticks of north carolina. what do you think we should do?

Unfortunately, as I know, there's not much you can do. Unless you have multiple millions of dollars lying around and want to start your own ISP

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Unfortunately, as I know, there's not much you can do. Unless you have multiple millions of dollars lying around and want to start your own ISP

Congrats on 500 posts.

Congrats on 500 posts.

Thanks ^^;

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

nobody in our area can get internet because all the lines are used but none of the isp's will put a line in

Pro Budget Gamer (thats not a thing)

move

go live in a better place

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

nobody in our area can get internet because all the lines are used but none of the isp's will put a line in

The best thing you can do is make a petition or go to a twon hall meeting and tell them why the whole community needs it. Or move. Pick your poison. 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

There's no solution here.  You're in the sticks, there's no good lines to your place, infrastructure must be installed and they want you to pay for it, your options are various wireless options that have serious drawbacks, or you can move.  No one is going to magically suggest you a cheap way to get internet in your situation.  Honestly, unless you want to move or pay some serious installation costs, your best bet would be to get your community to organize together to get a discount but that would e some effort.

Get your neighbors involved with your county / town / city government so that as a group you can get the cable or phone company to install lines. They'll be more interested in 10 people relatively close to each other wanting to get service at the same time (especially with the request of the local government) than individuals calling seperately.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

There's no solution here.  You're in the sticks, there's no good lines to your place, infrastructure must be installed and they want you to pay for it, your options are various wireless options that have serious drawbacks, or you can move.  No one is going to magically suggest you a cheap way to get internet in your situation.  Honestly, unless you want to move or pay some serious installation costs, your best bet would be to get your community to organize together to get a discount but that would e some effort.

Get your neighbors involved with your county / town / city government so that as a group you can get the cable or phone company to install lines. They'll be more interested in 10 people relatively close to each other wanting to get service at the same time (especially with the request of the local government) than individuals calling seperately.

You two have the best solution here. (At least the solution that doesn't involve moving

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Does your phone get 4g or LTE? If so, just get a bunch of that.

Here you go.

http://www.cablewholesale.com/products/fiber-optic/singlemode-duplex-9-125/product-10f3-002nh.php?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=10F3-002NH&utm_campaign=2%20Fiber%20Indoor%2FOutdoor%20Fiber%20Optic%20Cable%2C%20Singlemode%2C%209%2F125%2C%20Black%2C%20Riser%20Rated%2C%20Spool%2C%201000%20foot&gclid=CPPPl8-6rMoCFUIjgQodifQByA

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

It's probably not that simple. The ISP won't want somebody just connecting anything randomly to their network, and would involve digging up a street or something.

I know haha, he could bury it himself if he wanted it to be cheap. That way the ISP would only have to connect it to their node.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

I know haha, he could bury it himself if he wanted it to be cheap. That way the ISP would only have to connect it to their node.

As Peter Smyth said, it's not that simple. As an ISP, you can't trust any wiring that isn't your own, and to allow anyone to directly connect anything to a node you have to both trust them and you generally charge them a lot more than if you just do the wiring to them.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Depending on the local geography, have you considered a point to point link to a friend or relatives house?