Calling all MODDERS -- GTX HYBRID Shroud with LED - 4 questions!

rasesh

Hey guys i recently got my EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 FTW gpu.
I had 4 questions for you guys.

1) Can i use the "GTX HYBRID Shroud with LED" & "HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980" with this gpu?

2) Can you do what this LED MOD shown by Jays2cents (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiMPuhaqrVk) to the GPU itself by placing a red film in between the decal logo of the card & the white led's behind the decal?

3) If you can use #1 (question above), can you just do #3 (question above) to the LED Shroud?  Would it be easier to do vs doing it to do the card itself?  Is it held by screws (the led) on the new shroud with led?

4) Also which companies film/color gel should i get? recommend me one for this mod? 

Thanks guys!

Put GTX 480 GPU core as memory controller, add 12GB HBM2.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

yes

yes
yes since both the above are yes
just any thin sheet of film (will require work on your part)

yes

yes

is doing this mod easier on the new led shroud or the card itself?  The way jays2cents did it.

Do you yourself own any of this?

Hey guys i recently got my EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 FTW gpu.

I had 4 questions for you guys.

1) Can i use the "GTX HYBRID Shroud with LED" & "HYBRID Water Cooler (All in One) for GTX 980" with this gpu?

2) Can you do what this LED MOD shown by Jays2cents (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiMPuhaqrVk) to the GPU itself by placing a red film in between the decal logo of the card & the white led's behind the decal?

3) If you can use #1 (question above), can you just do #3 (question above) to the LED Shroud? Would it be easier to do vs doing it to do the card itself? Is it held by screws (the led) on the new shroud with led?

4) Also which companies film/color gel should i get? recommend me one for this mod?

Thanks guys!

You can't use the hybrid kit unless you find someone with the stock cooler, it requires you to still have the blower fan to cool the vrm

is doing this mod easier on the new led shroud or the card itself?  The way jays2cents did it.

Do you yourself own any of this?

Do I own any of it no but I did build a pc that had it like a week or two ago. I used the led shroud and used a piece of film from a old clear colored folder/binder divider :P It was a little difficult but worth it in the end we did a darkish blue color 

Do I own any of it no but I did build a pc that had it like a week or two ago. I used the led shroud and used a piece of film from a old clear colored folder/binder divider :P It was a little difficult but worth it in the end we did a darkish blue color 

May i request you of a picture? 

You did this on the GPU itself? or the new evga shroud led?

Also how did you stick the film onto it?

Thanks.

You can't use the hybrid kit unless you find someone with the stock cooler, it requires you to still have the blower fan to cool the vrm

Have you done a mod like this to your acx cooler gtx 980 or above?

Have you done a mod like this to your acx cooler gtx 980 or above?

980ti's* 

And no I have water blocks on both of mine right now just water cooled it this past weekend 

980ti's* 

And no I have water blocks on both of mine right now just water cooled it this past weekend 

Can you check the shrouds you took off of them (hopefully acx 2.0 shrouds) & see if it's at all possible to put a red film in between the white led's & the decal?

Thanks.

yes

yes

Also the answer to the #1 is a no since it is not a reference color, it's the ACX one.

Can you check the shrouds you took off of them (hopefully acx 2.0 shrouds) & see if it's at all possible to put a red film in between the white led's & the decal?

Thanks.

See what had happen was.. I just sold em on ebay yesterday xD bad timing