GTX 275 Question

FireFox

Well my BFG Tech GeForce GTX 275 arrived today, installed it and nothing. PC posts and loads Windows (I can hear the Windows theme) but I don't have a display.

I used a DVI to HDMI adapter and not sure if that is the issue or it is just dead. According to the description the card is working as intended.

Any ideas?

EDIT: The cooling fan on the card also spins, thought I'd better add that.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

You making a doom machine? lmao

Maybe though I may need a GTX 480 for that.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Maybe though I may need a GTX 480 for that.

I am assuming you didn't buy the 275 Used

Maybe he lied about it working? 

It could be the adapter.

Try using VGA or DVI with no adapter

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

I am assuming you didn't buy the 275 Used

Maybe he lied about it working? 

It could be the adapter.

Try using VGA or DVI with no adapter

I did buy the GTX 275 used, he could have lied but then I'd have a case on eBay against him. Need to get a DVI cable so I think I'll need to get down to my mates and install it into his PC. I've used the adapter with a GTX 650 Ti with no issues.

is the dvi to hdmi adapter plugged into the monitor or into the graphic card? afaik the adapter doesn't go both ways (don't think it works if plugged into monitor), but I could be wrong.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

is the dvi to hdmi adapter plugged into the monitor or into the graphic card? afaik the adapter doesn't go both ways (don't think it works if plugged into monitor), but I could be wrong.

Adapter is plugged into the video card, exactly how I used it with the GTX 650 Ti

Quick question: Why did you bought this card? Its relatively slow for todays standards, have less than 1GB of vram and need massive power (200W+).

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Adapter is plugged into the video card, exactly how I used it with the GTX 650 Ti

Did you try another DVI port?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Did you try another DVI port?

Yea tried both of them.

Quick question: Why did you bought this card? Its relatively slow for todays standards, have less than 1GB of vram and need massive power (200W+).

Because I wanted to

Because I wanted to

Thats an independent young man right here  :P

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Yea tried both of them.

Do you have any monitors that support DVI and do you have a DVI cable?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Do you have any monitors that support DVI and do you have a DVI cable?

No although my mate has one and I've just ordered a DVI cable from eBay. Only £5 so not too bad.

No although my mate has one and I've just ordered a DVI cable from eBay. Only £5 so not too bad.

I'm hoping both DVI ports aren't non-functional if the adapter works.

I'm hoping both DVI ports aren't non-functional if the adapter works.

Could a DVI cable help?

Not really sure why it would since I have the adapter which still works with the 650 Ti