Guys i scored pretty big

TubsAlwaysWins

I won the powerball!!!

Not really.

I was at 'work' (I do part time (im the only one in IT but i don't have a full time job) IT for my dad where he works) today though and while organizing our IT stuff and i found 2 rackmount servers just sitting on a shelf doing nothing. They are pretty old though, but ive been told they are fair game. I know what one of them is http://www.sndhm.net/docs/compaq/products/servers/proliantdl360/index-g1.html and the other one im not sure. It says the one i linked has 2 pentium 3's but i looked on the CPU and they said 1. Anyways, what should i do with them? (Ones a 1U and the other is a 2U). Im thinking folding at home OR minecraft OR FreeNas servers. What do you guys think? Im considering something like 3 Gamers 2 CPU's since they have some of these http://www.ebay.com/...&chn=ps&lpid=82 laying around. It would be just for fun in some retro game

Breaking things 1 day at a time

I won the powerball!!!

Not really.

I was at 'work' (I do part time (im the only one in IT but i don't have a full time job) IT for my dad where he works) today though and while organizing our IT stuff and i found 2 rackmount servers just sitting on a shelf doing nothing. They are pretty old though, but ive been told they are fair game. I know what one of them is http://www.sndhm.net/docs/compaq/products/servers/proliantdl360/index-g1.html and the other one im not sure. It says the one i linked has 2 pentium 3's but i looked on the CPU and they said 1. Anyways, what should i do with them? (Ones a 1U and the other is a 2U). Im thinking folding at home OR minecraft OR FreeNas servers. What do you guys think? Im considering something like 3 Gamers 2 CPU's since they have some of these http://www.ebay.com/...&chn=ps&lpid=82 laying around. It would be just for fun in some retro game

Well if you can, get a second Pentium III-its not really that useful anymore but you could create a decent NAS with it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Well if you can, get a second Pentium III-its not really that useful anymore but you could create a decent NAS with it.

Get a second pentium 3 as in...

Get a second pentium 3 as in...

The first server probably has only 1 of the 2 installed-you'd need to get another one, and it really makes the system run a lot faster. I should know-my Abit VP6 with 2X Pentium III 1GHz is still surprisingly good despite the age of the CPU.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The first server probably has only 1 of the 2 installed-you'd need to get another one, and it really makes the system run a lot faster. I should know-my Abit VP6 with 2X Pentium III 1GHz is still surprisingly good despite the age of the CPU.

No theres 2 in there. Sorry for not saying. When you start it it says theres 2

A P!!! is useless in todays standards.
2 P!!!'s are pretty useless.

They are cool though.

Expected i7, did not get i7.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Yes there are 2 Pentium 3's in the 1U case and i believe 2 Xeons in the other. I would use them for a NAS or something, but they dont have much space. (the 3U w/ 2 Xeons has 5x 38.4Gb drives and the 1U w/ the Pentium 3's has 2x 78.5Gb drives)