Overclocking the 6600K

Hey there

I got my 6600K stable at 4.5Ghz and ~1.3V on a ASUS Z170 Deluxe Board with the Dark Rock Pro 3 (see screenshot). My temperatures are quite good between 55 and 60 degrees when using prime95 or Intel XTU. Is it ok, to use this profile 24/7?

When testing how far I could go I got it to 4.8Ghz and 1.46V, which worked for everyday tasks but it crashed when stress testing it with XTU. The temperatures stayed below 70 degrees there so I technically have about 10 to 15 degrees until I have to worry about temperatures but a VID of 1.46V is obviously too high. Do you see any possibilities to get the 4.8Ghz stable or even higher (of course not for everyday use, just for show-off purposes)?

Thanks! :)

post-255656-0-72649100-1452727723_thumb.

1.47 volts is a bit excessive, even for skylake 

If it doesn't past the stress test, don't use that overclock.

Yup, thats quite much.. if you have a very high quality custom Liquid cooler, it's still somewhat.. excessive. For testing, its fine tho.

Typical is around, 1,4V is fine for  24/7 OC.

Just go down 200 Mhz, and your CPU will live longer^^

Check this one out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnMXBnOXRWeVlHcHM/view

Good samples can achieve 4.7GHz with around 1.40 Vcore fully stable. The highest voltage we

recommend using is 1.42V with triple-rad water-cooling if running stress tests with AVX2 routines 

(lower if ambient temps are high). Those not concerned with stress testing may wish to use up to 

1.45V for maximum CPU frequency.

You recommend using a Liquid Cooler, but thats just for the thermal performance, right? I mean with the Dark Rock, my temperatures are perfectly acceptable (even @1.46V) so a Liquid Cooler is not really necessary?