Need help with the cooler :(

Mikealongo
Go to solution Solved by Mikealongo,

coolermaster MasterAir maker 8 or noctua NH-D15 highly recommend the noctua NH-D15 it is amazing for cooling.

I finally bought the Be Quiet Dark rock pro 3 :), but thanks anyway :)

I just ordered a new motherboard and because i have to change the CPU from the old motherboard to the new one that could be the moment to change the cooler and the thermal paste, my currently specs are: 

-CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3,4GHz
-Motherboard: ECS H77H2-EM (Asus maximus V formula)
-RAM: 16 GB DDR3-SDRAM
-GPU: GTX 980 Strix
-Storage: 120 SSD Plus Sanddisk + Seagate Barracuda Green ST1500DL003 1.5TB 5900 6.0Gb/s (+ Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB coming soon)
-PSU: EVGA superNova 850 G2
-Display(s): Samsung S22C300
-Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow
-Mouse: Logitech G600
-Sound: Logitech z506
-Case: Corsair 760t
-Operating System: Windows 10

Now im using the stock cooler and my CPU is not the K version so i think i cannot overclock it, i dont really trust AIO liquid coolers because i watch some videos on YouTube that shows leaks in AIO but could be an option... What coolers do you suggest me?

EDIT: Im planning to use the Artic MX-4 Thermal Paste

EDIT 2: Forget to talk about my budget xD is arround the 150 - 170 €

Cryorig H7, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO, Be Quiet! Pure Rock

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I'd say Hyper 212evo, a cheap AIO, or something from Noctua or Dark Rock.

Cryorig H7, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO, Be Quiet! Pure Rock

Forget to talk about my budget xD is arround the 150 - 170 € , I really care about asthetics xD

Forget to talk about my budget xD is arround the 150 - 170 € , I really care about asthetics xD

i don't even know an air cooler that expensive. anyway the H7's got the looks:

06_top_sh_h7.jpg

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I just ordered a new motherboard and because i have to change the CPU from the old motherboard to the new one that could be the moment to change the cooler and the thermal paste, my currently specs are: 

-CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3,4GHz

-Motherboard: ECS H77H2-EM (Asus maximus V formula)

-RAM: 16 GB DDR3-SDRAM

-GPU: GTX 980 Strix

-Storage: 120 SSD Plus Sanddisk + Seagate Barracuda Green ST1500DL003 1.5TB 5900 6.0Gb/s (+ Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB coming soon)

-PSU: EVGA superNova 850 G2

-Display(s): Samsung S22C300

-Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow

-Mouse: Logitech G600

-Sound: Logitech z506

-Case: Corsair 760t

-Operating System: Windows 10

Now im using the stock cooler and my CPU is not the K version so i think i cannot overclock it, i dont really trust AIO liquid coolers because i watch some videos on YouTube that shows leaks in AIO but could be an option... What coolers do you suggest me?

EDIT: Im planning to use the Artic MX-4 Thermal Paste

EDIT 2: Forget to talk about my budget xD is arround the 150 - 170 €

Get the notuca d15. But things looking good is subjective, and I think the D15 looks really good xD 

i don't even know an air cooler that expensive. anyway the H7's got the looks:

Hahaha i can go with AIO liquid but i dont really trust them xD i also want something that has a really good performance, just in case i change my CPU in te future, be ready to OC it

Get the notuca d15. But things looking good is subjective, and I think the D15 looks really good xD 

Thats a good option, i think that the Dark Rock pro 3 or the coolermaster v8 could be great options to, but that 3 are heavy ones, it wont damage the Motherboard or the CPU??

N

Hahaha i can go with AIO liquid but i dont really trust them xD i also want something that has a really good performance, just in case i change my CPU in te future, be ready to OC it

Thats a good option, i think that the Rock pro 3 or the coolermaster v8 could be great options to, but that 3 are heavy ones, it wont damage the Motherboard or the CPU??

Nope, if that was the case they probs wouldn't be selling them. Notuca has the best mounting system though. I don't think you need something that big and bulky if you're not going to overclock. The hyper 212 evo is more than enough for a locked cpu.

N

Nope, if that was the case they probs wouldn't be selling them. Notuca has the best mounting system though. I don't think you need something that big and bulky if you're not going to overclock. The hyper 212 evo is more than enough for a locked cpu.

I agree with you, but is because pure asthetics and futureproof in case i change the CPU to a newer K version one

Ill stay with the stock cooler since i decide by one xD because i have decided with the be quiet pure rock but it blocks de first ram slot :(

Without knowing the memory modules involved it is quite difficult to answer the question. But there are models that offer quiet cooling without interfering with memory.

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-TC12DX.html may offer an attractive color choice.

Something like the Noctua NH-U12S would work quite well. Although many people are not fans of the color scheme. Given the budget, one could add http://noctua.at/en/na-savp1-chromax-red.html. Or even replace the stock fan with a Noctua industrial fan (black) and the chromax.red bits.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Ill stay with the stock cooler since i decide by one xD because i have decided with the be quiet pure rock but it blocks de first ram slot :(

One thing good about notuca is you should be able to lift the fan up on the heatsink. 

Without knowing the memory modules involved it is quite difficult to answer the question. But there are models that offer quiet cooling without interfering with memory.

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-TC12DX.html may offer an attractive color choice.

Something like the Noctua NH-U12S would work quite well. Although many people are not fans of the color scheme. Given the budget, one could add http://noctua.at/en/na-savp1-chromax-red.html. Or even replace the stock fan with a Noctua industrial fan (black) and the chromax.red bits.

One thing good about notuca is you should be able to lift the fan up on the heatsink.

Hm de Noctua D15 looks like a good choice if i can put the fan upper, It wont block the first 16x slot on the asus Maximus v formula does it?

What is the Fans i should buy if i want to change the colour scheme (with the noctuas blacks ones)

Hm de Noctua D15 looks like a good choice if i can put the fan upper, It wont block the first 16x slot on the asus Maximus v formula does it?

What is the Fans i should buy if i want to change the colour scheme (with the noctuas blacks ones)

What memory modules do you have?

The fan on the NH-D15 can only be raised about 5mm in the 760T case. This would allow for memory modules up to 37mm tall. The NH-D15S is a single fan version that has 52mm memory clearance. The NH-U12S does not overhang memory at all.

What memory modules do you have?

The fan on the NH-D15 can only be raised about 5mm in the 760T case. This would allow for memory modules up to 37mm tall. The NH-D15S is a single fan version that has 52mm memory clearance. The NH-U12S does not overhang memory at all.

Im going to call it generic ones xD, doesnt have any thermal solution to dissipate heat.

The 15s is true that doesnt block the first pci slot but probably hide the ROG badge from the maximus v formula :(

Maybe the only way to go is with the stock cooler or with a AIO liquid cooler (what i dont really trust xD)

Im going to call it generic ones xD, doesnt have any thermal solution to dissipate heat.

The 15s is true that doesnt block the first pci slot but probably hide the ROG badge from the maximus v formula :(

Maybe the only way to go is with the stock cooler or with a AIO liquid cooler (what i dont really trust xD)

If you have memory modules without heatsinks then they are probably around 32mm tall. No need to worry about problems with cpu coolers that extend over the memory slots. You will have sufficient clearance.

If you have memory modules without heatsinks then they are probably around 32mm tall. No need to worry about problems with cpu coolers that extend over the memory slots. You will have sufficient clearance.

Okay so im going to show you my rig, in the photos you can se my older (but actualy the one im using) motherboard ant the cooler that comes with mi prebult rig, just imagin a Maximus V formula in there xD

VBoIRqR.jpg

5P2LCCt.jpg

I checked in the Noctua page that the cooler wont interfier with any pci slot, i just want to know if im going to be able to se the ROG led logo and if thers a black version of the fan XDDDDD

Okay so im going to show you my rig, in the photos you can se my older (but actualy the one im using) motherboard ant the cooler that comes with mi prebult rig, just imagin a Maximus V formula in there xD

VBoIRqR.jpg

5P2LCCt.jpg

I checked in the Noctua page that the cooler wont interfier with any pci slot, i just want to know if im going to be able to se the ROG led logo and if thers a black version of the fan XDDDDD

The only coolers that are not going to sit over the Formula logo are stock and AIO.

The only coolers that are not going to sit over the Formula logo are stock and AIO.

Hmm what would you do in my case (with my fear to the leaks also XDDDDDDDD), cover it or stay with the stock one

Hmm what would you do in my case (with my fear to the leaks also XDDDDDDDD), cover it or stay with the stock one

I do not have a great fear of leaks. Check out these forums, not too many reports of AIO leaks in recent years.

Stock cooler shows of the motherboard better than a tower. OTH, tower cooler lets the system run cooler and quieter. You have to decide what is most important to you.

I do not have a great fear of leaks. Check out these forums, not too many reports of AIO leaks in recent years.

Stock cooler shows of the motherboard better than a tower. OTH, tower cooler lets the system run cooler and quieter. You have to decide what is most important to you.

Well i think that for my first cpu cooler installation I'll bigin with the 15s because it performs really good and is not to expensive, i think is better getting performance (better te noctua than the stock one) and the security that an air cooler provides to me, so i will buy the 15s one, Thanks for your help!! :) youre amazing!!

Im changing my mind tonight hahaha sorry about this @brob, maybe the AIO liquid cooler is a good option because the asthetics and that way i quit my irrational fear... HERE i started a new topic in the Whater cooling forum to decide what AIO buy and how to set up. sorry and thanks again for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...

coolermaster MasterAir maker 8 or noctua NH-D15 highly recommend the noctua NH-D15 it is amazing for cooling.

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hu0210/saved/#view=qHK6XL

I finally bought the Be Quiet Dark rock pro 3 :), but thanks anyway :)

Thats a good option, i think that the Dark Rock pro 3 or the coolermaster v8 could be great options to, but that 3 are heavy ones, it wont damage the Motherboard or the CPU??

As long as there is a proper mounting, you should not encounter any problems.

I just got the Cryorig H7 thanks to the LTT forum two days ago. It is amazing. On my i5-4690 a GTX 970 and two GP-14 front intake fans and one Noctua NF-A14 FLX in the back, my temps on the CPU is under 24 degrees Celsius and about 60 degrees in my "load". My case is completly closed and the H7 is super.

For some gamerish or non-usual looks, Cryorig has the R1. But then theres also something with RAM intefernce, which made it risky to get an op Dark Rock Pro 3 by be quiet! or a Noctua I intended to get. After some suggestions here on LTT i went for the Cryorig H7. 99.9% sure no one ever should have prpblems with RAM.

EDIT: Damn you Tapatalk App: You already solved your problem.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home