Was i Expecting to much out of my R9 380 LE?

I knew i was going cheap on my gpu back in early november when i build my pc because i wanted to spend more of my budget on the hardware that would out last it. i ended up with asrock z170 pro4 board, 16gigs corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2400 memory, I5-6500, corsair cx600m power supply and the r9 380 LE. i find since i bought it i'm not extremely happy with the card though. i figured it was perfect for ultra 1080p gaming, but it falls just short. It's not the worst thing every, but it stutters pretty frequently when playing fallout 4, and witchers 3. I have yet to overclock it, which I've read the physical card is mechanically identical to the standard 380, just its clocked lower. This was the first build i've done since 2006 so i spent time catching up on new hardware by Linus's group, and Austin Evans. I should have come to this community first before deciding on a card, but it was on sale for 170$ instead of the $230 it normally runs at, so i jumped on it. So i'm asking for advice, should I try and overclock it first and see if i can smooth out the chops, or keep it stock, save up and try and sell this card for a better one? 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127879

Fallout 4 runs shit on AMD cards, witcher 3 well that game is just demanding. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It's not a card aimed at ultra 1080p. 

If it bothers you that you can't hit ultra, I'd recommend Craigslisting it for like $180 and buying a 390.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

If it bothers you that you can't hit ultra, I'd recommend Craigslisting it for like $180 and buying a 390.

A 390 won't ultra Fallout 4 ether. If you want to ultra Fallout 4 you need a 970.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

180 is a fucking ripoff

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

180 is a fucking ripoff

No it's not :huh: I got close to retail for my 390 used.

No it's not :huh: I got close to retail for my 390 used.

Im glad to live somewhere used prices make sense..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Im glad to live somewhere used prices make sense..

How does it not make sense? It's no different now than is was in the box? Are open box prices half off? Damn.

How does it not make sense? It's no different now than is was in the box? Are open box prices half off? Damn.

open box tends to be $50-100 off and used stuff is 40%+ off but newer stuff like the 390 would likely only be 25% off

open box tends to be $50-100 off and used stuff is 40%+ off but newer stuff like the 390 would likely only be 25% off

That's nuts. Your return policies must suck. No questions asked here, but open box is usually 10% at best.

That's nuts. Your return policies must suck. No questions asked here, but open box is usually 10% at best.

1 week return :/ but they will accept it as long as it doesn't have physical damage

1 week return :/ but they will accept it as long as it doesn't have physical damage

180 is a good price, I'd start it there so you had room to deal. It's only a rip off if it doesn't work, right?

180 is a fucking ripoff

Not really. It's a better price than most used 380s. The 300 series sells for close to retail most places I've looked.

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

180 is a good price, I'd start it there so you had room to deal. It's only a rip off if it doesn't work, right?

Starting sure selling no

Not really. It's a better price than most used 380s. The 300 series sells for close to retail most places I've looked.

280xs here go for 75 USD  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Starting sure selling no

280xs here go for 75 USD  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah sure man, I'll hook you up with 150 paypal if you send me 2. I have no idea how the fuck you can find 280x for $75 but I want in on that :P

I lost 10 bucks owning my 390 for a month, guy that bought it couldn't be happier.

Yeah sure man, I'll hook you up with 150 paypal if you send me 2. I have no idea how the fuck you can find 280x for $75 but I want in on that :P

You forgot administrative overhead (me) and shipping

You forgot administrative overhead (me) and shipping

I'll give you a half eaten donut and a cheerio

For shipping I'll send my mule

I'll give you a half eaten donut and a cheerio

For shipping I'll send my mule

make it two half eaten donuts

I'll throw in a PBnJ sandwich and a yo-yo for shipping.

I would do that

Midrange gpus suck this generation. Last generation the GTX 760 and especially the R9 280 seemed so awesome at the time, I remember I badly wanted a 280 back in 2014.

Midrange gpus suck this generation. Last generation the GTX 760 and especially the R9 280 seemed so awesome at the time, I remember I badly wanted a 280 back in 2014.

Say waaaaaaaaaaaa? The 380 is an awesome card. But is has it's limits.