Chassis Fan running at 1900 rpm, bios setting dont change it.

WetDoorknob

I recently built my new pc, and i love everything about it. Except for the fact that the thing is so loud. All my fans in my pc are running from 900-1200 rpm, and for some reason i have a chassis fan that is running at 1900 rpm. I've tried to change it in the bios but it wont work. I'd like to try to stay away from a fan controller since that's just another thing for me to buy. If there is anything that i can do to fix this problem without buying new stuff, that would be very appreciated. Thank you!

post-269554-0-15779800-1452414863_thumb.

Its very likely that your fan is 3pin and your mobo doesn't support controlling 3pin/DC fans at all or just in that header. You will need to get low-noise adapter or use another, working header and splitter.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What fans are you running and what headers are they running off of?

Its very likely that your fan is 3pin and your mobo doesn't support controlling 3pin/DC fans at all or just in that header. You will need to get low-noise adapter or use another, working header and splitter.

The motherboard is a z97 extreme4 which shouldn't have this issue.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What fans are you running and what headers are they running off of?

The motherboard is a z97 extreme4 which shouldn't have this issue.

Actually, I think he's right. The case fan 2 head is below and to the left of the CPU socket and only has a 3 pin header.

I recently built my new pc, and i love everything about it. Except for the fact that the thing is so loud. All my fans in my pc are running from 900-1200 rpm, and for some reason i have a chassis fan that is running at 1900 rpm. I've tried to change it in the bios but it wont work. I'd like to try to stay away from a fan controller since that's just another thing for me to buy. If there is anything that i can do to fix this problem without buying new stuff, that would be very appreciated. Thank you!

The low noise adapter or finding another 4 pin fan header on your MOBO will probably be your answer.