Cheap Non OEM/Aftermarket case fan filters?

welshtony

Hi all, new to this forum, been watching the YouTube channel for a few weeks so thought I'd join up.

Anyway I built my system quite some time ago and have a Antec 900 case and 1 thing that always annoyed me (should have done more research granted) is that there was no case fan filters with the 900.

Anyway my main question is are these cheap case fans that are on Amazon (around £2-£3 - I'm from uk) actually any good?

If so does anyone know where I'd get a 200 mm filter for the top fan?

I'm looking to spruce my tower up with some lighting after inspiration from the LTT youtube channel so I would like to reduce dust as much as possible (not that I get much as it's on my large desk I built.

This is the view I have when sat at the desk so I'd love to spruce it up a bit, before it was never in sight as much as it is now.

post-300758-0-93791500-1452374936_thumb.

Thank you

Tony

p.s. Sorry if posted in incorrect area, just thought fans = cooling? If incorrect area feel free to move it and sorry.

Cheep case fans from amazon...probably not good. But it also depends on what you are looking for from a fan. If you want quiet fans with top class performance everyone here will yell Noctua at you followed by someone coming in and mentioning be quiet! and a few other brands. If you don't care about the noise made by the fans and just want something to move air then the amazon fans will probably work.

As for your fan filter for your case, that could be more difficult, especially if you want to keep good looks. I have seen some people cut pantyhose and use that stretched over the area to create a filter but that might not look good. I'm assuming that you intend to filter that lower part of your case on the window side....alternatively you could look at your fan setup in your case...make that fan an exhaust (no need to filter) and put filters on other fans as intake....or just make them all exhaust as a negative pressure case...which will probably end up sucking dust into your case over time and also require more cleaning. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

Thanks for the reply.

Im not actually after fans just filters but I will consider fans. I have actually tried to find the LTT limited edition fans but don't seem like I can get them in the UK :( or at least not that I think lol.

The way my case works the only filter that might be view-able is the top one, The plan was to make the side panel one a exhaust fan like you mentioned.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Im not actually after fans just filters but I will consider fans. I have actually tried to find the LTT limited edition fans but don't seem like I can get them in the UK :( or at least not that I think lol.

The way my case works the only filter that might be view-able is the top one, The plan was to make the side panel one a exhaust fan like you mentioned.

Thanks

LTT Fans are sold out worldwide atm. Linus just talked about it in last WAN Show and another patch might be available soon. Overclockers.co.uk is one of EU stores who has them when they arrive.

As for filtering question, why are you filtering top slot to begin with? Only intake fans require filters as exhausts push dust away when ON. And passive dust fall when PC is shutdown is minimal in most regions, like UK.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv