first build thinking of going all out

jrodjr13

so i am building my first pc and im going crazy  :P  so this is what im thinking 

hardware 

• Obsidian Series® 250D Mini ITX PC Case window
  • Intel Core i7-6700k 
  • PNY GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card
  • EVGA Z170 Stinger Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
  • Corsair 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Koolance RP-1005 Reservoir and Pump - Black (No Nozzles)
  • EK-Supremacy EVO
  • EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual)
  • EK-RAM Monarch X2
  • TUBE PrimoChill PrimoFlex™ Advanced LRT™ 15,9 / 9,5mm - Pearl UV Green 
  • Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5
  • Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB

so my biggest worry is that koolance reservoir but i really a res that goes in the cd bay 
what do you guys is it possible? 

so i am building my first pc and im going crazy  :P  so this is what im thinking 

hardware 

• Obsidian Series® 250D Mini ITX PC Case
  • Intel Core i7-6700 
  • PNY GeForce GTX 980 4GB Video Card
  • EK-Supremacy EVO

so my biggest worry is that koolance reservoir but i really a res that goes in the cd bay 

You are getting a Z170 board and custom water cooling and you don't have a K-series processor? 

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

it is better you get the 980 Ti if you can squeeze some budget into it :D

AMDr Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0| 8GB Ram |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G | CM MasterBox Q300L | Primary: Samsung Evo 850 250GB

Secondary: WD Blue 1 TB | Cooler Master V850

-Grab a 6600K instead and get a 980Ti

-32GB is overkill. Gaming only requires 8GB of RAM

-Get a cheaper PSU. 850W is overkill

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

hardware 

• Obsidian Series® 250D Mini ITX PC Case
  • Intel Core i7-6700 
  • PNY GeForce GTX 980 4GB Video Card
  • EK-Supremacy EVO

get 6700k

There is no need for a motherboard that supports overclocking and a liquid cooler if you are not overclocking the cpu.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

IMO You gain very little over an AIO for water cooling, unless your plan is to add the gpu/mobo to the loop or overclocking.

PC: EVGA SR2, 2x Xeon X5690 @ 4.5, 48gb GSkill Trident @ 1810, 2x Evga gtx 980 TI Classy, 6x 850 evo 250gb RAID 0, 2x WD 4tb, Corsair 900D, Custom Loop with Cpus And mobo, 3x Asus VN279q

OTher : EVGA x58 Classified3, Xeon x5679 @ 4.2, 12gb kingston HyperX fury, 2x Evga GTX 670, Adata sp550 120gb, 2x WD 2tb, Corsair Graphite Series 230T, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asus VG236H

• Obsidian Series® 250D Mini ITX PC Case <---------- personally i hate small cases, i can stand for mid-tower though, but if you're going full custom loop, why not get a window panel to show off your swag.
  • Intel Core i7-6700 <----------- get 6700K
  • PNY GeForce GTX 980 4GB Video Card <------------------- might as well just get a 980ti
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory <---------------- unless you get a good sale, you only need 8gb
  • Corsair 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply <------------------ so overkill 
  • EK-Supremacy EVO

commented in quote

Spoiler

ill probably do the 6700k and the mobo i got mainly for color i plan on tinkering with overclocking soon. The 980 i mainly want a ref card just because of where its placed not sure how cooling will be there, would love to add to the loop but have to see how much room.  there is i guess i could save some money and get 16gb ram

commented in quote

it has a window on top and what wattage do you think is good?

i would love a bigger case but at the moment don't have the most room for it and i want to try and build this i just have this picture in my head and i have to try to make it lol 

it has a window on top and what wattage do you think is good?

i would love a bigger case but at the moment don't have the most room for it and i want to try and build this i just have this picture in my head and i have to try to make it lol 

750W should be plenty. Currently in my head I'm imagining my 760T crushing that 250D like it was a tiny baby. WAHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7YBie04u0

Spoiler

750W should be plenty. Currently in my head I'm imagining my 760T crushing that 250D like it was a tiny baby. WAHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7YBie04u0

what i really wanted was a fractal r5 windowed grrrrrrr now you have me second guessing this whole build and i had everything in cart ready to go  :unsure:

what i really wanted was a fractal r5 windowed grrrrrrr now you have me second guessing this whole build and i had everything in cart ready to go  :unsure:

Tell me about it. Over the 3-4 weeks before I finally got the money to buy my PC, i rebuilt it so many times I lost count. But get what you want dude, in the end it's all yours and no one else's to talk shit about. People here has anything ranging from godlike quad SLI rigs to scrapyard type machines. Anything goes as long as it works.

Spoiler

Thanks man I really wanted to wall mount and get a lian li pc 07 lol. So I think I'm going to order corsair 250 and the 6700k you psu and set that up and look at my cooling option

hardware 

• Obsidian Series® 250D Mini ITX PC Case window
  • Intel Core i7-6700k 
  • PNY GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card
  • EK-Supremacy EVO
  • EK-RAM Monarch X2

I can't comment on the reservoir questions as I don't do custom water cooling, but the other components look solid. I myself am fond of the Intel 730 480GB series for my main SSD, but to each his own. I think it's a good build; you wanted to go crazy and I think you did just fine. 

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

So for an update started buy most of my parts but am changing the case not sure to what hoping the new fractal define nano S case comes out soon but yeah we will see