I've Finally Decided

byalexandr

I've been scrambling around for the past few hours desperately trying to find a suitable case to replace my beloved and now beaten up Silverstone SG05. After creating several threads, messaging people on here and on other sites, trying to come up with ridiculous setups, I've figured it out. Thank goodness, I and several others think I was starting to lose my mind.

So after researching the successor to the SG05, the SG13, I've found that it is ever so slightly longer than my SG05, which is absolutely perfect and the case can fit cards even longer than my reference 290, like the 390X from MSI, for instance. The size is not much bigger, a few mm taller and a few mm longer, but the aesthetic is much improved in my mind and the mods are basically pre-done for me so I don't have to worry about it anymore (that's the reason I wanted a new case, because I am tired of modding, not having time, tools, etc.). Even though it supports ATX natively, I have an SFX PSU and that will save some space, until I finally get a PSU that is really capable of driving my 290.

So after a long debate, which was probably annoying to a lot of users, (sorry about that) I have finally decided on the SG13 from Silverstone. Continue the legacy, I might say. Anyhow, to make this thread somewhat not pointless (even though it has great significance to me) I want you guys to decide which SG13 I should get. I honestly like both versions of the front panel, but I'll leave it up to you all.

Open Mesh (CHOICE #1):

post-2597-0-99404900-1452319966_thumb.jp

'Quiet' Panel (CHOICE #2):

post-2597-0-20839300-1452320003.jpg

Side by side comparison:

post-2597-0-27969100-1452320153_thumb.jp

@TheCovertCamper There ya go, I'm ending the madness. I like the case, what do you think? Suitable? I won' have to do any modding :)

It probably depends if you are going to mount fans on the front cover or not (can you even do that?). If you need more airflow to help out the limited airflow of the case I feel that the mesh will be the better option, if not for aesthetics the brushed panel looks cleaner.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

You'll need the mesh to help cool that 290 with better front intake.

It doesn't take in any air from the front of the card, only through the blower fan on the side of the GPU.

It probably depends if you are going to mount fans on the front cover or not (can you even do that?). If you need more airflow to help out the limited airflow of the case I feel that the mesh will be the better option, if not for aesthetics the brushed panel looks cleaner.

I'll be mounting a 120mm radiator to the front if Polaris cards continue the liquid cooling trend found on the Fury X. There is still plenty of airflow though, even with the brushed panel. I had a similar one on my SG05 and it didn't affect performance at all (although it didn't look as nice since I didn't have the right tools).

That is such a nice case, just seeing it makes me want a mini itx build but I would definitely go with the quiet front panel. It makes the case look a lot sleeker imo.

PC: EVGA SR2, 2x Xeon X5690 @ 4.5, 48gb GSkill Trident @ 1810, 2x Evga gtx 980 TI Classy, 6x 850 evo 250gb RAID 0, 2x WD 4tb, Corsair 900D, Custom Loop with Cpus And mobo, 3x Asus VN279q

OTher : EVGA x58 Classified3, Xeon x5679 @ 4.2, 12gb kingston HyperX fury, 2x Evga GTX 670, Adata sp550 120gb, 2x WD 2tb, Corsair Graphite Series 230T, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asus VG236H

That is such a nice case, just seeing it makes me want a mini itx build but I would definitely go with the quiet front panel. It makes the case look a lot sleeker imo.

I think so too, the side ventilation is already plenty, both to the overall ventilation and the look of the case. Adding that square-y front mesh just makes the case look too busy.