Help me decide what graphics card and ram i need? and is compatible

Go to solution Solved by pwn_intended,

SNIP

The GPU will work. The RAM youre taking about is DDR4, you need DDR3 ram for that system. That being said, 8 GB is more than enough for most tasks.

So im about to buy a new graphics card , but i dont know where to start , i have a budget of 475$ max , an i want a video card that can last me for a while for newer games,

I have been seeing a specific card called * 

GIGABYTE Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 GV-R939G1 GAMING-8GD 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready ATX Video Card

and i dont know if my pc can handle it , I could really use suggestions or some help , and also some help if i can use this type of ram as well , 

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2133C15D-16GVR

1 x Case Raidmax Horus Gaming Case - Black
1 x Processor AMD FX-8350 CPU (8x 4.00GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
1 x Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P -- AMD 970
1 x Memory 8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module [AMD] DDR3-1866 G.SKILL Ripjaws X
1 x Video Card AMD Radeon R9 280 - 3GB - Single Card
1 x Case Lighting None
1 x Power Supply800W Standard 80 PLUS Bronze
1 x Processor Cooling Asetek 510LC 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler [AMD] - Standard 120mm Fan
1 x Primary Hard Drive 1 TB Hard Drive -- 32MB Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

SNIP

The GPU will work. The RAM youre taking about is DDR4, you need DDR3 ram for that system. That being said, 8 GB is more than enough for most tasks.

When in doubt, re-format.

Oh thank you! , and as well about the ram , can 16gb of any ddr3 ram work for my system?

One more question , The ram that i have now , can i equip both of them? or do i have to get rid of the old ram?

In theory you could use both, although it's recommended to use identical sticks. Do you actually need 16gb though? 8 is usually enough for modern games.