Im thinking of upgrading to a 980ti BUT

Lukzeh

I'm thinking of upgrading to a 980ti BUT I only have a 1080p monitor, in fact I have 2 and I last bought one in August. Should I still upgrade? Can I get a downscale from 4k in games on my 1080p monitor still?

if you need the extra performance upgrade. If you don't need it, save your money for Pascal/Polaris

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

You can force it to downscale, but you may brick your cards. But if you manage to not AA is a no longer an option. Everything looks like AA was already put for you, and who cares if you only got a 1080p monitor ? You can upgrade that laters mate 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

You can force it to downscale, but you may brick your cards. But if you manage to not AA is a no longer an option. Everything looks like AA was already put for you, and who cares if you only got a 1080p monitor ? You can upgrade that laters mate 

I TAKE THIS BAACK I WAS READING YOUR QUESTION WRONG I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO DOWNSCALE FROM 4K TO 1080P. 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

You can use DSR 4k on ur 1080p monitors yes NP there. Its more or less effectively 4k so a 980ti would most definably help.

4k DSR helps remove most Alaising, so if a game has crap AA like most have (FXAA) , DSR is a good alternative. But so is forced AA via Nvidia inspector if u can find the correct compatibility bits.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |