GPU throttles when CPU is loaded - normal?

eshbop

Hi all, just a quick question..

When running something like Unigine (anything GPU intensive) while loading the CPU in prime95 my GPU (HD6950) load never reaches 99%, I was just wondering if this was normal? I swear I've done this before and the GPU sat at 99% when the CPU was loaded, but maybe I'm just imagining things.

Cheers for the help!

Radeon graphics are cpu dependent. it is normal as far as i know.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

What driver version are you running? I know with folding on the AMD and the newest drivers (folding stresses both CPU and GPU) there is a problem with the drivers that caps out the GPU at like 30%...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yeah it's normal. You wont be doing that in real life anyway so no worries :P If you do want to stress your PSU, there's OCCT which has it's own test just for that.

Ye I know it'll never happen, just wanted to make sure something wasn't amiss. Thanks for the help!

Radeon graphics are cpu dependent. it is normal as far as i know.
no it is not only with radeon, the gpu needs to get the information from the cpu so the gpu can process it. this is a standard for AMD and NVidia.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.