CPU Changing

Go to solution Solved by FAQBytes,

So i could use a i7-2640M?

Yes

I Have An Intel i3-2330M with 2.2GHz, I was wondering if i could simply swap it out for an i7-68200HQ with 2.7GHz

If not which ones can i swap for (that is better than the i3)

Even if you can upgrade the CPU, the socket used is different.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Wow a 68200HQ huh?

I know what you mean, just poking. That CPU you have is for a laptop, and you cannot upgrade the CPU in laptops as easily as you think.

I Have An Intel i3-2330M with 2.2GHz, I was wondering if i could simply swap it out for an i7-68200HQ with 2.7GHz

If not which ones can i swap for (that is better than the i3)

What is the computer you are trying to do this with?

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

No, the 6820HQ is a soldered chip that uses a different chipset. You could, however, upgrade to any Core processor with the following naming schemes: Core i(x) 2(x x x)M or 2(x x x)QM

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

No, the 6820HQ is a soldered chip that uses a different chipset. You could, however, upgrade to any Core processor with the following naming schemes: Core i(x) 2(x x x)M or 2(x x x)QM

That seems contradictory... Soldered... Can be switched... 

Unless...

Ahmed-Mohamed-I-Built-More-Stuff-Thats-V

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Wow a 68200HQ huh?

I know what you mean, just poking. That CPU you have is for a laptop, and you cannot upgrade the CPU in laptops as easily as you think

I Was Messing With A Dell And i changed out a CPU and it worked after (it was a centro for a celron or somthing)

Yes

Yep!

That seems contradictory... Soldered... Can be switched... 

Unless...

Ahmed-Mohamed-I-Built-More-Stuff-Thats-V

No the 6820HQ is soldered and can't be switched. The 2330M is socketed and can be replaced

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Yep!

No the 6820HQ is soldered and can't be switched. The 2330M is socketed and can be replaced

Yeah, just the wording was funky. I just wanted to get a bomb boy Muhamed joke in there.

Yep!

Thank You