internet connection help!

WVDrummer

Arrg! Since the windows 10 update last night my newly built (last month) PC no longer recogoninzes wi-fi. I have a TP-Link AC1750 card. I cannot get wi-fi to show up in the system setup!? I took the card out and it did hookup via ethernet cable. Now it will not notice the ethernet hook up either. I tried with and without the wi-fi card installed.What gives??

Help! I do not want to have to re-install windows and then spend days re-installing my games.

Anyone else run into this??

did you go to windows update and let it install everything and then restart?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

either reinstall the drivers or maybe it could be that anit-virus programs could be interfering, if that doeskin work maybe reinstall windows.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

This happened to me. Drivers did not work to solve the issue. I fixed it by doing a windows reset. You can keep your files while reseting windows.

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

did you go to windows update and let it install everything and then restart?

No internet connection usually means that WU wont work.

When in doubt, re-format.

This happened to me. Drivers did not work to solve the issue. I fixed it by doing a windows reset. You can keep your files while reseting windows.

Yippee. There goes the next day or two. :angry:

No internet connection usually means that WU wont work.

I came home to find that it auto-updated. I had no connection then. I restarted and nothing got better.

Is this all from some bug in the update?

I came home to find that it auto-updated. I had no connection then. I restarted and nothing got better.

Is this all from some bug in the update?

Ha! I love the new windows update!

/s

Try a system restore to before it updated the driver. You can also try rolling back the driver in device manager if it lets you.

Ha! I love the new windows update!

/s

Try a system restore to before it updated the driver. You can also try rolling back the driver in device manager if it lets you.

Oy. New system. I have not made a restor epoint. :( I guess resetting (restoring) will take Windows back to its original install state? I have never done a restore before. I am guessing the files will stay but all the programs I have loaded will go bye-bye.

Oy. New system. I have not made a restor epoint. :( I guess resetting (restoring) will take Windows back to its original install state? I have never done a restore before. I am guessing the files will stay but all the programs I have loaded will go bye-bye.

Windows automatically does a restore point with any major install. Check to see if there are any.

Windows automatically does a restore point with any major install. Check to see if there are any.

Doesn't seem to be. Is there anyway to keep the other progams? Things like World of Warships that a long time to download and I have several.

Doesn't seem to be. Is there anyway to keep the other progams? Things like World of Warships that a long time to download and I have several.

Unfortunately none that I can think of. I had this happen to me when I was first installing win10 on my machine. Luckily it fucked up before I got to installing any large software so a re-do of windows wasn't a big deal.

(sigh) Thanks guys. Well.... back the drawing board as they used to say....